XXIV: End of Training Camp

"Alright," I said. "It's probably time for me to head out."

"No, Rikka! You should stay!" Sakura was more energetic than she usually is. Maybe part of it was from beating Kuroo in a volleyball game.

"Some of us are staying at the school with the managers from the other teams. You should too!"

"No thanks," I declined her offer. "I'm going to go home now. My dad wants me home by 4:00."

"Well," she said. "I'll talk to your dad for you!" She snatched my phone and went through my contacts until she found the one labeled "dad."

"Hello, Mr. Nakamura." She said.

"Give it back!" I loudly whispered and kicked her in the shin.

"Ouch! As you know, Rikka is helping us out with the boy's volleyball camp. She is welcome to stay with us here at the school and spend the night unless you need her back home."

He must have said it was okay because Sakura jumped up straight and said, "Great! Thank you, Mr. Nakamura."

She pressed the end call button and handed my phone back to me. "It looks like your dad doesn't need you home, Rikka."

"What the hell!" I yelled at her. "My dad only agreed because you were the one that called." I lied.

"Yeah, yeah." She could probably tell I was lying. "Whatever."

Staying overnight with the other managers wasn't that bad. We made a lot of snacks for ourselves without telling the boys because they'd happily take all of them.

"Rikka," Kaori said. "You weren't here at the training camp last year, were you?"

"No," I answered. "I didn't go to this school last year."

"Really?" She asked. "Where are you from?"

"Well, I moved here from Sendai. I used to go to Shiratorizawa."

I could feel everybody's eyes on me now.

"Wow! How'd you get in?" She asked.

"Does this mean you know Ushiwaka?" One of the Karasuno managers asked.

"You used to go to Shiratorizawa?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah, I went there for my first two years of high school. I had to pass the entrance exam to get in because they didn't offer me a full volleyball scholarship. But after I got in, I made the team there."

"That's impressive!" Kaori said.

"Well, not really. There are plenty of hard private schools to get into!"

"That's true. Why didn't you tell me you used to go there?" Sakura asked.

"It didn't seem important."

"That's pretty important," she said.

"Well, I didn't want to be judged. Moving here from a powerhouse, elite private school."

"I understand," she said. "Now spill the tea."

"What..?"

Shit. What if Yaku told Kuroo, and Kuroo told her. I can't have her hate me! She's my team captain!

"I promise! It's not what you think!" I yelled.

"Are you sure?" She asked. "Because you and Yaku seem very close."

"What? No!" Thank god she didn't know about Kuroo. "Yaku and I are just friends."

"Are you sure he sees it that way?" She asked. "I think he likes you."