Seven lives of love

Start from the beginning

Liking Harry was dangerous and intoxicating... You know it could become fatal, but still, all you do was drown in the whirlpool of the darkness and let the feelings submerge you to your very soul...

Meanwhile, hating Harry was like scraping yourself over and over again, just to feel something-- Anything... It provided Draco with the temporary sensation of intoxicating emotions, making him feel alive from his very core. It was just like the thrill of the sensation of a blade cutting through his veins—the sensation of pain, the burning, the crimson colour—and looking at the beautiful art on his thigh, which Draco used to admire while sitting alone in the prefect's bathroom. The sensation was overwhelming, and that made him feel dead yet alive at the same time...

But on the other hand, liking Harry was the easiest thing Draco had ever done. Draco didn't even realize when the feeling started. In the previous timeline, it was like consuming cocaine, killing him slowly but also giving him the strength to stay alive... alive until the right time comes, until the time of the fulfilment of his one and only wish, his one and only true desire and the moment the cobalt snake came in front of him in the previous timeline, he just knew that the time had come-

Draco shook his head lightly clearing his thoughts, smiling fondly as he looked at his joined hands with Harry... He appreciated Harry's willingness to show affection; Draco needed it to remind himself that this was not another saccharine, cruel fantasy of his own, giving him the phantom allure of the life he had imagined, had yearned for ages and then everything would be just well gone, just gone in the mist, lost in the black hole, leaving him alone with just the voices reminding him of his worth, reminding him how he could never be the typical Pureblood heir his grandfather had always wanted him to be...

He momentarily tensed as he sensed the snake—Manasha—flicker her tongue in his direction and hiss something about the shift in his odour, reaching Harry's ear and causing him to furrow his brows...

Draco was able to comprehend only some words between the collective hisses because he wasn't concentrating enough on his magic... It was akin to a translation spell, yet more refined, as the translation spell merely allowed listeners to understand the other's words, whereas Draco possessed the ability to speak Parseltongue as well...

Harry stopped and then turned towards him and raised his brows, at which Draco just silently shook his head... Harry seemed like he wanted to say something but then let it drop and, with a small smile, continued to drag Draco in the busy alley, dodging the confused people who were having weird headaches due to being in close proximity to the heavy notice me not charms.

If someone asked what it's like to love Harry, Draco could tell various things, actually a very very long list of the pathetic things that made Draco hate Potter and want him to cuddle him to death at the same time, but he would rather say, "It's like breathing the air-though polluted yet crucial.'

'Wait! LOVE' Draco halted in his place, and Harry groaned, almost falling flat on his face as he grabbed Draco's arm to maintain his balance...

'Oh, shite-'

"What's wrong, Draco?" Harry asked worriedly, as he felt the sudden change in Draco's aura, and Draco's emotions seemed to be swirling in a thunderstorm... Draco was panicking to his core. The only thing that was saving his grace from acting like a twelve-year-old girl with an enormous crush was his Pureblood training...

Draco merely nodded in response; his thoughts were running wild...

'Bollocks! It's only been, what, a few hours? And I'm already in fucking love, head over heels for Saint Potter—by Salazar's shins, what if he finds out? Will he think I'm insane? Will he detest me? Will he—'