Chapter 30: not human

Start from the beginning

"They're not going to attack anymore though, she's fully transitioned it'd be a fools errand on their part to try and kill someone that's now unkillable." Kellan points out.

I walk over to the kitchen table and pull out a chair. Sitting down, I look over at Grayson who's making himself a drink like there's not an argument going on. Placing a glass down, he leaves bloody finger prints on the glass. Victoria stands in the corner of the room staring at the floor, she looks wiped. Her whole being has blood splattered all over it, along with tears in her shirt and jacket where wounds existed for a brief moment. Her mouth is covered with blood, she probably did the same thing I did but to way more people. Does she go into shock after doing any of that? I doubt it. She doesn't look fazed by it, only tired.

Dane crosses his arms. "Still, I don't particularly like any hunters knowing our location."

"I'll make a few phone calls, find us another place." Kellan says taking out his phone as he leaves the room.

"We can go to my place." Chloe suggests- her voice more tired than I've ever heard from her. "At least for a little."

"I don't want to go near any city. Especially Vaughns he's too... in everyone's business." Dane leans against the kitchen counter.

"Okay then we'll wait for whatever Kellan says." Chloe exhales taking a seat running a hand through her blood soaked hair. She rests her head in her hands and the others are all lean up against walls or on the counter. Everyone's exhausted, silently recovering from their sage infected wounds. We sat there for several minutes and for those several minutes not a single thought came into my mind. My vision blurred and I tuned the world out again for the couple of minutes.

"I'm worried that so many hunters know about her." Dane motions to me breaking the silence and pulling me out of my daze. "How long before Lucien or someone close to Lucien finds out?"

Oh shit. Finally a thought comes into my head. Not a constructive one but it's there nonetheless.

"Yeah there's more now, those weren't Mercers guys. They were too organized and put together." Grayson says.

"Definitely weren't associated with Mercer. They didn't feel enhanced while I was fighting them." Chloe says still with her head in her hands at the table.

"Yeah they were normal." Dane states.

Kellan walks back into the room putting his phone back in his pocket. "A buddy of mine has a big private apartment in Houston."

"That's perfect." Dane says.

"No wait." Chloe raises her head. "That's in my fathers territory."

"We'll be discreet." Kellan added.

Chloe shakes her head. "It's not about being discreet. My father has a whole group of people designated to reporting who is in his territory at any given moment."

Dane sighs. "He'll know we're there. He won't love Victoria and I being there."

"Not unless I give him a heads up." She says.

"You are not calling him." Dane asserts.

Chloe inhales preparing herself to speak. "Listen, if I say beforehand that I will be traveling with a few others and will be staying in that apartment, he'll leave us alone. If I say nothing and just show up he'll view that as a sign of disrespect and he'll be a problem for us."

"Then call him." Kellan says.

"No." Dane glares at Chloe.

"If I don't he'll show up wanting to see for himself why I'm there with a bunch of other people- three of which happen to be Luciens children."