chapter fourteen - little gift shop of horrible people

Start from the beginning

"And how do you know it?" he asked clearly confused but not wanting to show it.

"It might be better if we talk about it in the basement" I shushed him, and we walked to the vending machine and punched in the code. 

"How do you know about the portal?" Stan demanded.

"I'm honestly not sure if you will believe me but it's the best explanation I got," I took in a deep breath. "I have reason to believe I'm from a different universe" also not a lie.

"And how does that have to do with anything?" he said skeptically.

"Well, let's just say I have some basic knowledge of the residents of gravity falls before I even came here." I stated, still not a lie, I do have basic knowledge compared to everybody in my universe.

"How much do you know on my brother?" he asked. the question didn't surprise me much frankly, but I'm not sure if my plan for the equation might fail if I let him know how much I know on his brother. so that might not be the wisest idea.

"I don't know a lot, his name was ford, right? he built the portal?" I asked in a way to make it seem like I knew little to nothing, it's also true, I don't know a lot per say. he let out a sigh, disappointed in my lack of information that might have been useful for the portal. he eventually told me to leave, and frankly he didn't have to tell me twice.

I left the vending machine basement and collapsed onto my sleeping bag when Mabel burst into the room. I let out a loud audible sigh and sat up slowly in my bag.

"Hey girl girl you busy? dipper needs you." Mabel asked, getting up into my face.

"I'm tired, not busy. what does he need?" I asked getting up slowly rubbing my forehead.

"it's about your knowledge of the universe and you falling from the sky" Mabel said boredly.

"Oh. okay." I got up and left to go up the stairs and entered the twin's room.

"Hey y/n! I want you to sit down right here" dipper said, pointing to a plastic chair covered in cat stickers

"Is this an interrogation?" I ask jokingly

"Yes, actually." oh no, time to do even MORE improvising. I knew I should have done that drama elective.

"As we know, you fell from the sky while Gideon summoned bill to get the code to our gruncle's mind. is this true?" dipper said holding out a clipboard and scribbling words onto it.

"Yes...?"

"We also know you started flying multiple times and stayed calm in times when we were all freaking out, for example when bill showed up with a deal for me, you also made a comment about seeing this event seven times." dipper said tapping his pen to the top of the clipboard.

"mhm..." I said trying to see where this was going. "Also, for the matter of the fact I didn't fly per say, I really just threw myself at the ground and missed." 

"So, we have reason to believe something, you're the person from the prophecy." dipper said. if I had water, I would have spit it out, I guess he isn't as dumb as I thought he was, but this does make things much harder for me. 

"Okay, and how did you come to that conclusion?" I said skeptically  

"Well, child of the multiverse: you have knowledge about things before they happen. got here by a curse: you fell from the sky. ultimate weapon, they all beckon, try to get on her good side: your knowledge is helpful as you can pretty much predict the outcome and how to avoid it. I'm not sure about the last bit but you for sure are the person."

"UGhhh I don't want to be the main character though!" I said leaning back in the chair and gazing up at the ceiling, way too much shit happened today, and I don't like it. 

"One last thing before you go, how do you know about all these events so well?" dipper asked inching (uncomfortably) closer to my face.

"As you said yourself, I'm not from this universe, my world isn't too far different from yours, just we all have a great knowledge of yours." I shrugged. 

"How-?"

"I refuse to explain." I said staring daggers into dipper's eyes.

"But you know things that can help me solve the mystery of gravity falls!" dipper protested.

"I could get put in time jail for sixteen life sentences." I said calmly, further proving my point that I'm not going to speak about it.

"What- time jail?"

"Again, I refuse to explain." I crossed my arms, at that moment Mabel burst into the room, my savior. 

"Hey, dippin' dots you done terrorizing y/n yet?" Mabel bounced up and down.

"I'm not- hey!" dipper said as he watched Mabel drag me out of the room, I held up a peace sign and Mabel untied me from the chair. huh, I didn't notice I was tied up, hope I don't get rope burn!

"don't worry y/n! leave this to the mystery twins, you've had a busy day go get sleep!" Mabel said slamming the door in my face. well, that's the understatement of the summer. 

I went downstairs to sleep, if bill has the NERVE to go into my dreamscape while I'm asleep I might go full on batshit at this point. actually, speaking of bill, I might be giving him more attention than the pines and I live with them. huh, that's not good. god if I become the new ford, I will destroy a planet or two then kill bill by smashing him to bits using the remains of the planets.

actually, that wouldn't be a good idea considering I want weirdmageddon to work. oh well.