𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣: 𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙡

-☆-

-☆-

     Dinner was beautiful.

Ava hadn't seen so much food on the table in so long. It reminded her of Thanksgiving with her cousins. What made a Xandarian meal better than the American holiday was the food.

It would melt into Ava's mouth. If she ever returned to earth, it wouldn't compare to Xandars specialties. She would get excited each time the Guardians got to eat in Xandar.

But not this night.

Ava was busy poking at her mashed yaro root and swishing her drink before taking a sip.

If you don't look at him, it will be fine.

She did everything she could to ignore the strange sensation in her chest. It was aroused everytime she glanced over at him.

His gorgeous eyes kept finding hers and sending her a wink.

That didn't help.

She wanted to pull her hair out and strangle him for making her feel this way. He was like a magnet, forcing her to see his beautiful face. It didn't help that he was right across from her.

Rocket noticed this as he sat on the right of his friend. Ava failed to notice the suspicious grin on the raccoons face.

The raccoon snickered under his breath as he grabbed a piece of some sort of Xandar gelatin. He threw it at the pilot across from Ava and the food splattered on his shirt- or the one he barrowed from Peter-

Poe smirked as he stood up with smashed yaro root in his hand. Ava had little time to react before-

SPLAT!

A gooey substance covered her face.

All conversations stopped.

Ava growled as she wiped off the purple sludge and glared at Poe who stood their proudly.

"You started it blondie." Poe said with a snark and another wink.

"Hey!"

Her brother snapped as he  saw the sludge drip off of Poe's chest.

"Quit getting my shirt dirty you piece of scum!"

Peter then threw something blue at Poe who barely got hit. The food landed on Groot instead. The tree next to him got mad. He flung pink fruit at Poe who dodged again. The fruit splattered all over Gamora who let out a gasp.

"Food fight!" Rocket exclaimed before everyone joined. Even the Nova Corps participated with smiles on their faces.

Ava found mini pie-like dishes and snuck up to her brother. Peter turned around and-

BAM

She got him.

Her next target was Drax who just ended up laughing harder than he was already. Right when she was about to smack the destroyer, an arm snaked around her waist. She turned her head to meet those two dark eyes and curls that had crumbs all over it. Heat rising up on her cheeks as he smirked down at her.