27: Unleashed

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I gathered as much from the "Sheriff" title" Deaton smiles. 

"Yeah, um, you know, but it gets kind of hard for him to do his job when he doesn't have all the information. And we all know he's missing pretty much half the story here, right? So then, I started thinking, and I remembered someone else who does have a lot of information" Stiles says nervously. 

"Someone who always seems to know more than anyone else around here, you" Stiles says. 

-

-

-

"All these symbols and things, the triskeles, the bank logo, the mountain ash all of it is from the Celtic Druids. And anyone who has ever looked up "human sacrifice" before knows that the Druids had a pretty big hard on when it came to giving one up to the god, You ever hear of the Lindow man? Two-thousand-year-old body found in England? He was found strangled, head bashed in, throat cut three-fold death. They also found pollen grains in his stomach Guess what favorite Druid plant that was?" Stiles says rambling on to Deaton and I as we walk to the back of th clinic.

"Mistleto" Deaton sighs taking out a piece of mistleto. 

"I'm just telling you everything you already know, aren't I? Then why aren't you telling us?" Stiles asks. 

"Maybe because when you've spent every moment of the last ten years trying to push something away denying it, lying about it becomes a pretty powerful habit" Deaton says. 

"So this guy, is he a Druid?" I ask. 

"No. It's someone copying a centuries-old practice of a people who should have known better. Do you know what the word "Druid" means in Gaelic?" Deaton says. 

"No" Stiles and I say. 

"Wise oak, The Celtic Druids were close to nature. They believed they kept it in balance. They were philosophers and scholars they weren't serial killers" Deaton says. 

"Yeah, well, this one is" Stiles says. My phone starts to ring. 

"One second" I say walking over to the side. 

"Hey, Lydia this isn't the best time" I say answering the phone. 

"Is Stiles with you?" She asks. She sounded scared. 

"Yeah, why?" I ask. 

"I think I know something about the second sacrifice, the music teacher he's gone" She says. 

"Wait what? Are you sure he's missing" I say. 

"Not just missing, taken" Lydia says. 

"We will be right there stay there" I say. I turn around to see them both staring at me. 

"Lydia knows the second sacrifie" I say. 

-

-

-

"Can we get a copy of this?" Deaton says listening to the recording as Stiles and I look around the room. 

"Hey, Doc? Any help would be, you know helpful" Stiles says digging through the teachers drawers. 

"Each grouping of three would have its own purpose, it's own type of power. Virgins, healers, philosophers, warriors-" Deaton says. 

"Wait, wait, wait, wait warrior, could that also be, like, a soldier?" Stiles asks. I see him holding something. I walk over. 

"Absolutely" Deaton says. 

"Kyle was in ROTC with Boyd" Stiles says holding up a wedding pictre with him in uniform.

"That's got to be it. That's the pattern, where's Boyd" Deaton says. 

"He's probably home by now. I'm gonna try and get him on the phone" Stiles says digging in his pocket for his phone. 

"Lydia? Something wrong?" Deaton says. 

"No, it was, I mean, I just thought of someone else with a military connection" Lydia says. 

"Who?" I ask. 

-

-

-

"This is just one of many possibilities. He could have simply left for the day" Deaton says as we search through Mr. Harris's classroom. 

" Yeah, well, not without this" Stiles says holding up his briefcase bag. We stand around the desk as Stiles opens the bag and searches through it staring at a piece of paper confused. 

"What is it Stiles?" I say walking around the desk to look at the paper. 

"This test is graded R" Stiles says, I see the giant R on the paper. Deaton takes the paper. 

"This one's an H" Lydia says, Deaton takes te paper from her as well. He starts to search throught he papers, there was an a, d, r, a, c. 

"You remember I told you guys "Druid" is the Gaelic word for wise oak?" Deaton says. 

"Yeah, why?" I say. 

"If a Druid went down the wrong path, the "wise oak" was sometimes said to have become a dark oak, there's a Gaelic word for that, as well Darach" Deaton says. I look down at the paper to see DARACH spelled out in the papers.