Prologue 2: Hunger For Power

Y/N was currently making his way to the hotel named Glass Unicorn. As he was making his way there, he was having a conversation Vinshki.

'I have to say, going through your memories I never could have thought that in humans terms, you mortals were that cruel, even to your own kind.'

'That's life. Nothing ever goes the way we wish it does, people suffer and die, but being in a dream state for eternity will relieve them of that. They'll be given whatever they want.'

'Hm, your determination is admirable.'

'Hn.'

'Haha! The famous Uchiha grunt huh?'

'Hn.'

Y/N continued to run before coming to a halt as he finally sees people. Knowing it'd be better not to drag anyone's attention, he jumps onto a nearby roof and uses Kamui to get to the closest alley near the hotel.

Activating his Sharingan, a swirl appears sucking him in and disappearing from the roof and reappearing in an alleyway. Walking out of it, he makes his way to the hotel, not bothered to distract himself with the people around him.

'Everytime you use the Sharingan, an unnecessary amount of your aura is being used. You're gonna have to learn how to control and balance it so you don't end up having to waste.'

'I'm sure you'll be helping me with it.'

'It's only natural and with your potential, you could learn to manipulate your aura however you see fit.'

'That's good, because I'm already coming up with ideas.'

As he opens the door and walks in, he sees a few people look at him then turn away, resuming their conversations. It's expected for someone wearing a mask to gather a few people's attention.

As Y/N was walking, his eyes immediately darted towards the right, above him. There, on the floor above, he saw a black-haired girl with amber eyes, sweeping the floor. He could easily tell she was a fighter, but what made his narrow was the necklace she was wearing.

'That necklace...'

'It's not just a necklace, but something you humans refer to as a shock collar.'

'I see.'

'Your not going to act?'

'Let's call this a hunch, but I feel something interesting will happen in the coming days.'

As Y/N inspected her, he could tell she's being starved and it goes without saying that she's suffering from abuse. Y/N noticed two blondes, who were presumably the daughters of the owner of this establishment, were smirking and laughing as they stared at the black haired girl.

Y/N could already tell her situation, she's the step daughter of the owner and being forced to work like this. Although Y/N says he won't do anything, his eyes were twitching as memories were coming back to him.

Taking a deep breath, he continues to walk towards the front desk where he sees the receptionist, who greets him;

"Good Evening, welcome to the Glass Unicorn Hotel, how may I be of assistance."

"I want a room, for the next week." Y/N says as he throws 500 Lien at her.

Her eyes light up as she spoke. "O-of course sir, we already have the best room prepared. Here's the key to the door, the room number is 82."

She tells Y/N this as she points to the second floor on his right, which seems to be just past the girl he was observing before. Nodding in appreciation, Y/N starts walking up the stairs to his room, but as he slowly reached the top, he hears the hotel building's front door open and a man walks inside.