Imagine #15: Our Sweet Melody

You smiled as you listened to the beautiful sound of the piano coming from Dan's bedroom. Being insecure about how he plays, Dan never plays the piano while your around but luckily, you managed to quietly enter their flat since Phil opened the door. How was he so insecure about the way he plays? You got shivers just listening to his piano playing, the magical sound of the piano keys traveling through the flat. You furtively sneaked into Dan's bedroom, tip-toeing, making sure to not make any noise. Your heart fluttered as you continued listening to the majestic sound of the piano. Dan really was perfect in every way.

You bit your lip when you made a slight noise, hoping that Dan didn't hear it. You creeped right behind Dan, and noticed that he was too focused on his piano that he didn't even realize that you were right behind him. You admired the soft music once again before attacking Dan from behind, scaring him.

"Jesus Christ!" He yelled as you laughed at him, holding your stomach. "What the-" He continued, still confused about how you even got into his room in the first place. "Please don't tell me you were here the whole time oh my god."

"Oh come on don't be silly. You're so good Dan. I don't get why you never told me." You said, taking his hand and pulling him back towards the piano. Dan slightly blushed, his cheeks turning a crimson shade. "You know I play a little too." You added.

"Really?" He asked, a blank expression pulled across his adorable face.
"Well I play horrible compared to your angelic playing." You said, as you sat down on the chair next to the piano, making enough space for Dan to sit next to you. You patted the empty space next to you, indicating that Dan should plop himself right beside you. You started playing a sweet melody, that wasn't too intense. You mostly used your right hand for the short song, but played some notes with your left hand as well when necessary. For a while it was just the two of you, taking turns, playing beautiful songs. You grinned when Dan played a graceful melody, making your heart flutter. You hummed along to the sound, and leaned closer towards the tall British body.

"Ugh Dan you need to teach me how to play that!" You begged.

"I don't know about that. You see I'm not so good at teaching..." He began to ramble but before he can continue you interrupted him by loudly saying, "You don't have to teach it to me like that. You can take my hands and guide them."

Dan chuckled at your comment and took your little hands in his and gently began tapping the piano keys lightly one by one. You got butterflies from Dan's touch. His warm hands were pressed against your cold ones, sending shivers down your back. You were so busy thinking about how much you loved it when Dan held your hand, that you didn't realize you were basically playing the melody all by yourself. Even though you didn't want him to, Dan let go of your hands shortly after. Surprisingly, you were already playing the song all by yourself.

"You see Dan, you make a great teacher." You said as you lightly pushed Dan's arm.

"I guess I do," he replied as he gradually leaned in, creating no space between him and you. He gently titled his head towards yours, making your foreheads touch. Your brain melted at the feeling Dan gave you. Your stomach twisted and turned. After smiling like two idiots for about two more minutes, Dan leaned back and said, "This is our sweet melody."

At first you were confused, but then when Dan started playing the most charming tune ever, you realized that this song was for the two of you. You admired how his long fingers traveled across the piano, giving your stomach those uncontrollable butterflies. He continued playing the harmony. He would at times look at you and smile, making you look down on the floor. You hummed along and put your hands on Dan's knees as he persisted playing the song. When he was finished, he looked over to you and softly said, "That's our song. It's beautiful just like you."

--

Sorry this one is kind of crappy, a better one soon! Please leave some requests down below and thank you so much for reading <3 ILY GUYS!