Chapter 41 | Deep End

Start from the beginning

"Favorite book?"

"Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets," I say confidently.

"I guess some things never change," He glares at me while grinning. Sometimes, I forget that Blake knew me in fourth grade. I shudder at the thought of him seeing me drool over pictures of Harry Potter and watching the Titanic on repeat. I can probably still verse some of the scenes, line by line.

"Do you know how gorgeous you truly are?" Blake pulls me from my quiet rant.

His eyes peer into my soul as I feel my cheeks growing warmer by the second. I guess I never thought that someone as secretive and dark as Blake could ever love someone as simple and basic as me.

A feeling of skin-to-skin contact brushes across the back of my neck. His fingers trace my hairline and massage my muscles.

The timer goes off, causing Blake to grab my phone and throw it in the backseat.

Dang, that was hot.

He pulls the car over on a bed of grass and flowers, jerking the wheel for the fast effect.

I climb over the seat and sit on his lap, taking off his shirt. Looking around, I make sure that no one is watching before taking off my own with the help of his steady hands.

Heat radiates through my veins as his lips touch my chest. His heavy breathing is the only noise that I hear through the silence of the car.

"You do things to me, Brynne," He whispers while carefully caressing my wounded side.

"Do I?" I seductively slide my lips into his.

He pants as he pushes his hips into mine.

"You have no idea," He whispers in my ear.

I rest my head on his shoulder, and he continues to kiss my collarbone and chest. From the feeling, he's also placed a couple of hickeys in strategic hiding spots.

After what seems like an eternity of love, I almost begin to fall asleep on his warm body.

"Hey, do you want to stretch your legs?" Blake stammers.

"Sure," I sleepily respond.

As he opens his door, the light shines through, revealing just how tinted his windows are.

I blink before noticing the large sign that Blake is staring at.

'Welcome to Virginia Beach!'

"I guess we're here then," Blake emphasizes while drawing his hands to the blue metal.

We both get back in the car, and Blake begins to punch an address in his GPS. I survey my surroundings and come to the conclusion that nothing has changed since I came here in late July.

"I can already smell the salt," I squeal excitingly.

I can't wait to dig my feet in the sand.

Blake still looks flustered from our previous activities, so I give him a couple of minutes to get himself together.

Shortly after, we pull up to a small building on the bayside called;

'VA Beach Diving Center'

I look at Blake and smile.

He chuckles while parking the car.

"Don't give me that cute look," He whispers while holding the car door open for me, "I want to be able to control myself in public."

My cheeks go red as we walk to the entrance of the building.

The instant smell of wax and plastic hits my nose as we walk into the dimly lit blue store.