Chapter 4 - the birth

@Liasmithy

Excited to meet you baby girl 💞

8 months later
I had a week left before baby girl was meant to arrive and everyone was at work except me. I had finally made myself comfy on the sofa downstairs when the door knocked. "Arghhhh" I groaned. I struggled to lift myself up the sofa but when I finally did I felt my little girl move. "Hey baby" I said placed my hand against my stomach. I waddled over towards the door and opened it to be met by mason. "Oh hello Mason, nobody else is in its just me" I said when I opened the door wide enough for him to get in. "Yea I know, I thought I would come and give you company today." I nodded, "thanks Mase, ooh argh baby girl that hurt" I said when i got a sharp pain. "Are you okay?" Mase said worriedly. I laughed at his reaction. "Yea I'm good, she's been moving a lot lately and sometime it's really hurts, we only worry when my waters break." I joke with him. We laugh and finally it felt like old times before I had to worry about keeping the biggest secret I've ever kept in my life. "Can we get back to the sofa though because this is the heaviest I've ever felt and it's starting to hurt?" He nodded, "of course."
We sat there for hours before I started getting really sore pains. "Are you okay? I can see your in discomfit" mason checked. "I'm actually not. I've never had these pains." I said before I had to grab his hand and squeeze it. "Lils I think we should get to the hospital." He said seriously. I looked at him scared. "I'm not ready Mase, I need Debbie." "You have got this lils I know you have. I'll call mum as soon as we get you there but I can't do that now okay? I'm sorry but you are going to have to put up with me for now okay?" I nodded and Mase helped me stand up. As soon as I did my water fell to the floor. "Okay now we worry." I joked. We made our way to his car and he rushed to the hospital which was only 5 minutes away. "Mase they won't let you in because your not my boyfriend and I didn't put you down as my birthing partner." I informed him. "I can't do it alone Mase please don't leave me." I begged him. "It's okay, I'll pretend to be your boyfriend is that okay?" I nodded quickly. "You've got this lils, I'm so proud of you." He said as he grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers. When we arrived he got a midwives attention and I was helped into a wheelchair. "Okay Ophelia, remember what we spoke about when I last saw you?" My midwife Ava asked. I nodded before groaning about the pain. "Is she going to be okay?" I hear Mase ask. "Excuse me sir you can't come with her." "I'm her boyfriend please? I promised I wouldn't leave her side." Ava nodded. "Okay mason?" She asked checking his name, I saw him nod before Ava took my to a private room. Once I had been checked over, Ava told me I was ready to push. "Mase, I need mase." I told Ava. "He's outside calling debbie for you. Do you need me to go get him?" She asked me. I nodded. After 2 minutes Mase rushed back in and gave me his hand. "You've got this lils" he whispered into my ear. "Right Ophelia big push for me" Ava said from the end of the bed. The pain I felt was unbearable. I started crying, "masey make it stop please!" I begged him forgetting I was using my childhood nickname for him. "You've got lils im so proud of you" he said whilst he kissed the top of my head. This continued for what felt like ages. Mason kissing the top of my head and stoking my head telling me how amazing I was doing and it was nearly over before ,"One more push darling" Ava said. I looked at Mase, "I can't do this mase it hurts." He looked me straight in the eyes and told me, "you are the strongest girl I know lils you can do this. I'm so proud of you." Before kissing the top of my head. He was right, I could do this. I pushed and finally I heard the most precious cries. "You did it lils you did it." Mase said squeezing my hand. I started crying. "I did Mase, I'm a mum." He nodded picking my hand up and kissing the back of it. "You did amazing lils, I'm so proud." He said. Ava came over to me and checked if I was alright. I nodded, "where is my little girl?" I asked. "We are just getting all the information then we will give her to you don't worry." I looked at Mase. "Thank you, you were amazing" he laughed at me. "You did all the hard work lils I just was here for support. I care for you. You know that." I nodded and leant against him. "Here you go mum." Ava placed my little girl in my arms. I had never felt this kind of love in my life. Debbie had told me that once she was here I would feel complete. I hadn't believed her until this point. She was perfect. And she was mine. I had no choice but to raise her by myself. I couldn't ruin the bond behind the mounts, not after everything they had done for me. "She's perfect lils." Mase said taking photos of us. "She is Mase. She really is." Looking up to Mase. If only he knew how important he was in her life.