Epilogue

Jungkook

A breeze of sweet vanilla and berries fills my nose as my consciousness slowly awakens from its long sleep. I take a deep breath and although my eyes are still closed, it feels like I can see into other realms.

Slowly opening my eyes, I come into view with a mass of hair. A strand is resting right on my cheek and I chuckle under my breath because it's not the first time. We always sleep so close to each other that all inches of her are pressed against me.

My arm is securely tied around her waist, the soft fabric of her nightgown under my fingertips. Her warmth radiates to me, but the physical heat doesn't compare to the warmth I feel deep in my chest. Peace fills my lungs with oxygen.

I think I will never get enough of waking up next to her, with the first thing my eyes see being her beautiful face. It feels like she was made to stay in my arms, fitting into my embrace like a lid on a pot.

I bite my lower lip, nuzzling my nose into her hair and breathing in her familiar scent that makes me feel peaceful and calm. She is my safe haven, my comfort person, and my soulmate.

Now, I know we are different in many aspects, but I have never felt this closeness with another person. She made me open my heart again after years, finally, to lower the walls I had built around myself.

For I knew she would be there to protect me.

I think back to the day we argued after the meeting because I was enough of an idiot to think I couldn't be good enough for her. Maybe I still am not, but I realized I have to try because I can't function without her.

She told me to learn to love myself first before trying to love others and although it was like a slap in the face, it was much needed. It made me realize that she was right and what more can a person who cares for you do than make you love yourself again?

I don't think I ever hated myself, but I know for a fact that I hated the version of Jungkook that I had become in order to protect the Jungkook that I really was. That I am.

I place a small kiss on the back of her head, a habit I've picked up over the past few months. It's my way of starting the day, a reminder that I'll fall back into the same position in the evening.

We moved in together right after we flew back from vacation. I couldn't wait any longer, so I talked her into letting me arrange people to clean out her apartment and move everything she needed into my house while she was already staying over.

I emptied out more of my closet so all her remaining clothes would fit in. She already had a few things here, so part of my closet was already hers. Just like half of my bed. My heart. My soul.

We've been living together for six months now and we couldn't be happier. Everything is perfect, she is perfect. I never saw myself settling down because I just hadn't found the right person. But now I have.

I curl my hand around hers and let our fingers play, her shoulder rising and falling with each breath she takes. I hate it when people touch me, but with her, I want her skin, her curves pressed against me always.

I may have become addicted to her, but that's not really my concern. I know she feels the same and I can't imagine ever being without her. If she ever left me, I would probably die alone.

But I don't want to think about it because I know it will never happen. I love her too much and I would do anything to make her happy like she deserves.