Chapter 18: Skeeter's Scoop.

Every single one of us got up late on Boxing Day. And no, Boxing Day is not for the sport. But I can understand the confusion.

In any case, the Gryffindor Common Room was much quieter than it had been lately, many yawns punctuating our lazy conversations. Hermione's hair became bushy again that next morning. Apparently she used liberal amounts of Sleekeazy's Hair Potion on it for the Ball. I was glad I didn't use liberal amounts myself.  "I might've use a little too much of it, but it's way too much bother to do every day." She said to me. 

Oh yeah, speaking of which, Hermione and Ron seemed to have come to an unspoken argument not to talk about their argument, and they were being quite polite to each other. Probably Anubis gave his Judgement or something. Which was probably why they sounded so formal to each other. Ryan in the meantime continued to be a boyfriend to Parvati. On several occasions, I found both he and her kissing in the corridors. And I also saw Danielle and Beatrice snogging in the hallway at times.

Later that day at Breakfast, Harry had told the others about the conversation we accidentally overheard between Hagrid and Madam Maxine about Hagrid being a Half Giant. Ron sounded shocked by it. 

"You could've told us this before!" Ron commented.

"I thought it was obvious." I replied. 

"Well, I thought he must be a Half Giant." Hermione said. "I knew he couldn't be a pure giant because they're about 20 feet tall. But honestly, all this hysteria about Giants. They can't all be horrible... it's just the same sort of prejudice that people have towards werewolves... it's just bigotry, isn't it?" She asked.

"Sorry. I don't exactly have a high opinion on Giants. They teamed up with Trotsky after all." Ron explained. 

"He must've made them an offer they couldn't refuse." Hermione suggested.

"He did." I said. 

"Still you don't want to make an enemy of their Frost Giant Cousins in Scandinavia." Ron added.

But I couldn't still stop thinking about Cedric and my vision. It was still on my mind. But still, I had a fun night. I took a look at the picture of Hermione, Ginny and myself in our dresses. It made me smile.

As fast as they came. The Holidays drew to an end. I got letters from Ethan and Penny. They were incredibly happy that I had a wonderful time at the Ball. And Ethan of course said that I looked beautiful in that picture, then again, he told me that I looked beautiful even without a dress. Just like Jacob did last night. Mater sent a similar letter. Though they did want to know more about my visions on Cedric dying. They seemed just as nervous as I was that Cedric wasn't backing out. And I had another thing to worry about. Neglected Homework. Oops. 

And another thing was that the Second Task was getting closer and not for nothing. Harry still hadn't solved that whole thing with the egg. I think it was because he was still thinking about Cedric and Cho. Harry was mad that Cho was with Cedric. But I also think he was concerned that Cedric could die. It's... hard to explain. 

And another thing that was going on. It was official. Cedric was now dating Cho Chang.  

"I thought he would date Beatrice." Harry said.

"No. Beatrice is like an older sister to Cedric." I explained. "Besides... she's dating that Girl from Beauxbatons. Danielle." And Beatrice was happy that Cedric was happy with Cho. But that didn't stop Beatrice from keeping an eye on Cedric. 

"What do you think this vial does?" Harry asked. We both picked it up when Snape and Karkaroff were walking and talking. But neither of us could figure out how to make it work. Much less how it related to Karkaroff. But one thing was for certain. Karkaroff was up to something. He had now taken a full effect of avoiding me at all costs.