Chapter 10: Who will enter for Glory?

"I don't believe it!" Ron kept on saying in his stunned voice, as we filed back into the castle behind the Durmstrang party. "The man! The myth! The legend! Viktor Krum!" 

"Ron, you have a God of Egypt living inside of you, and this is what tickles your fancy?" Hermione asked. "He's just a Quidditch Player." 

Ron scoffed at that as if Hermione just said one of the Unforgivable Curses. "Only a Quidditch Player?" He asked outrage. "Hermione- he's NOT JUST A Quidditch Player. He's one of the best Seekers in the world! I had no idea he was still at school!" 

"Well, I think Harry's the best Seeker in the world." I chimed in.

"Thanks, Kassie." Harry grinned at that. 

We reached across the entrance hall with the rest of the Hogwarts Students and people were freaking out about Krum. Several six year girls frantically searched for quills. 

"Oh, I can't believe I haven't got a single Quill on me! D'you think he'd sign my hat in lipstick?" One Girl was saying. 

"Get over yourselves." I heard Beatrice say and not at all impressed. It was nice to know that Beatrice wasn't as fooled with just good looks. 

And then I saw a bunch of other girls who were fighting over lipstick. 

"I'm getting his autograph if I can." Ron informed us. "You haven't got a quill, have you, Kassie?" 

"No." I answered. "And don't ask for Lipstick either." 

"Get over it, Ron." Ryan said. 

"Anubis-" Ron started to say.

"If you're not careful, you're going to be wearing lipstick and you won't like it." Anubis interrupted. 

We walked over to the Gryffindor Table and sat down. And it looked like Ron's dreams were crushed because the Beauxbatons students came to sit at our table. And the Durmstrang students sat at the Slytherin Table with Malfoy and his goons.  

Wanting to be nice, I scooted over to say hi to them. "Chare." I greeted. But they all stared at me funny. Guess they don't know Greek. And also they were clutching their scarves  and shawls around their heads.

"It's not that cold." Hermione commented. "Why didn't they bring cloaks?" 

I also noticed that Ron was just glaring at the Slytherin table. "Yeah, that's right, smarm up to him, Malfoy. I bet Krum can see right through him, though... bet he get people fawning over him all the time... Where'd you reckon they're going to sleep? We could offer him a space in our Dormitory, Harry... I wouldn't mind giving him my bed, I could kip on a camp bed."

"Ron, I think you might be going about this all hectic like." I told him.

"What makes you think that?" Ron asked.

Well, at least the Durmstrangs kids sounded happier than the Beauxbatons kids were who were shaking their heads in disappointment around them. Like they were expecting to see Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, and instead got to the movie theater and found out it was that Captain America Movie that came out in 1990. 

The Durmstrangs stared at the starry black ceiling with expressions of interests, and impressed by all of our stuff like Golden Plates and Goblets. Maybe that's because Durmstrangs was like the equivalent of a dark and dreary castle you would read about in Fantasy Stories.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghosts and- most particularly guests." Dumbledore greeted, beaming at the foreign students. "I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope you trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable."