Chapter 17: The Yule Ball.

There was a ton of workload of Homework given to us for the Holidays, and I was in absolutely no mood to work when the term ended and spent the week leading up to the Christmas enjoying myself as much as possible with my friends. Gryffindor Tower was less crowded now. And it seemed to have shrunk slightly too. Given that the inhabitants were being much rowdier than usual. Fred and George's Canary Creams were selling like Hot Cakes, and people kept bursting into feathers left, right, and center. It didn't take long to treat any offered food from them with caution.  

Snow fell thickly upon the castle and its grounds now. The Beauxbatons carriage looked like a large chilly, frosted pumpkin next to the Iced Gingerbread house that was Hagrid's cabin. They were not edible. 

While the Durmstrang ship was glazed with ice. 

The House Elves were also outdoing themselves with their series of warm stews and savory puddings.

The only person to complain about it was Fleur.

"It is too 'eavy, all zis 'Ogwarts Food." We heard her saying one evening. "I will not fit into my dress." 

"Gods, she sounds exactly like Emily." Ryan commented. 

"Oooh, there's a tragedy." Hermione said snappily. "She really thinks a lot of herself, that one, doesn't she?" 

"Hermione? Who are you going to the ball with?" Ron asked. The truth was that Ron had kept on springing that question on Hermione. Maybe to try and startle a response out of here, or something. Wasn't working.

"I'm not telling you, you'll just make fun of me." Hermione answered.

"You're joking, Weasley!" Malfoy was behind us. "You're not telling me someone's asked that to the ball? Not the long molared Mudblood? Or the Greek Freak?"

"Her name is Kassie and I'm going with her." Harry shot back while clinging to my arm.

"Potter and the Greek Freak. Why am I not surprised?" Malfoy asked. 

I didn't like him. And there was only one way to take care of him. "Chare, Professor Moody." I greeted loudly. 

Malfoy went pale and jumped backward, looking wildly around for Mad Eye, but he was still up at the staff table, finishing his stew.

"Seems jumpy." Ryan commented.

"Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy?" Hermione asked.

"You better scuttle away before he gets here." I suggested. 

And he scuttled off indeed. As the rest of us went up the marble staircase laughing. 

"Gets him every time." I said. But that was when I noticed Hermione's teeth. "Hermione. Your teeth are different." 

"Of course they are- did you expect me to keep those fangs Malfoy gave me?" Hermione asked.

"No, I mean, they're different to how they were before he made that hex on you... they're all straight..." 

Hermione gave a mischievous smile. "Well... Ryan found me and he offered to put my teeth back to normal. So he did. And he and Horus did their magic. And... Ryan 'may' have shrunk them a little too good." She explained. 

"I tried, Hermione." Ryan apologized.

"No. Don't. I wanted you carry on a little bit more." Hermione assured. "Mum and Dad won't be pleased. I've been trying to convince them to let me shrink my teeth for ages, but they've always wanted me to carry on with my braces. You know they're dentists." 

"Damn it. They are going to kill me." Ryan grunted.

"Ryan, relax. I'll just say to them that you tried your best. They'll understand." Hermione replied.