Chapter 16: The Unexpected Task.

Ever since that visit with Dobby. I was still feeling just fine. Harry had gone through the first task. Christmas was upon us. But I still wondered why Ethan would want me to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas.

Well... I got my answer today.

"Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley." Denis Creevey told Ron as the five of us sat at the Gryffindor table. He handed over a messily wrapped parcel.

"Thank you, Dennis." Ron thanked.

Dennis stopped dead and stared over at Harry intensely. 

"Could you please, Dennis?" Harry asked. 

"So, what is it?" Anubis asked. "Did your mother send your Christmas Present already?"

"I don't think so. She would've also sent Ginny's and Fred and George's. And Harry's and Kassie's." Ron answered. 

"But what is it?" I asked.

Dennis had already backed away. 

Ron opened the package, revealing a frilly, and lacy looking outfit. "Uh...." I said as I had half of an egg in my mouth. 

"Mum... sent me a dress?" Ron asked very confused. 

"Is there a Bonnet?" Ryan asked. "Ah hah!" He pulled out a bonnet and pressed it to Ron's chest. We all giggled at him. 

"What is this?" Anubis asked outraged at the idea of wearing it. "I am not wearing that." 

"Take it easy, Anubis. It must be a mistake." Ron assured. "Ginny, these must be for you." 

"I'm not wearing that, it's ghastly." Ginny replied rejecting it almost immediately. Couldn't blame her for thinking that. It really was Ghastly. 

Hermione began to laugh. And I noticed that many Gryffindors were watching Ron now. 

"I don't get it." I said. "Why would your Mater send you a dress?" 

"What are you on about?" Ron asked. Even though I think he dreaded the answer.

"They're not for Ginny." Hermione explained. "They're for you." 

Fred and George burst into hysterical laughter.

"Dress Robes." Hermione clarified. 

"What in the name of Ra?!" Anubis roared. "These are not dress robes!"  

"Oh, yeah... I should've also mentioned that Anubis had tastes when it comes to attire." Horus explained. 

"Dress Robes? Dress Robes for what?" Ryan asked. 

And I had the same question in my head.

That answer was questioned soon enough. Because McGonagall organized the entire Gryffindor House after Transfiguration Class. I sat on one side with Hermione and the Girls. And Harry, Ron, Ryan, Neville, Fred, and George sat on the other side.

"Thank you all for gathering here. Now then I have an important announcement to make to you all." McGonagall began. "The Yule Ball is approaching."

I raised my hand to ask what that was. But it seemed like McGonagall could read my mind. "The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception." She explained. "On Christmas night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally, because, the Yule Ball is, first and foremost... a dance." 

A dance? What? 

Murmurs broke out among us; many of the girls gasped excitedly. Most notably Lavender and Parvati. The boys all groaned. Except Ryan, who looked very pale.