𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈| 𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐒

Disclaimer: I own nothing but some of the plot.

★------------------ ★------------------

"HOME SWEET HOME!"

Holly was grinning and hyper as hell as she bounced around their American cottage while Neville just sighed and flopped onto the couch, pulling Luna along with him. 

Luna shivered and gave Neville a grateful look when he immediately turned the heat up. "Thank you, Neville. I suppose Kreacher doesn't need to turn the heat up since he doesn't get cold as easily as we do."

"Kreacher apologizes to Lady Lovegood."

"It's okay, Kreacher. Oh, is that soup I smell?"

"Kreacher has been cooking all morning for your return!" Kreacher explained proudly. 

Holly sighed contentedly. "Thank you, Kreacher. Ferret Face can't cook to save his life and Ginny was ill this morning."

"Kreacher hopes the Weasley girl feels better."

Holly was quiet for a moment. "I'm sure she'll be fine."

When Kreacher left to watch over the food in the kitchen, Holly turned to Luna and Neville. "He really has changed from when I first met him. No more calling people "mudbloods" and "halfbreeds". I wouldn't have believed it three years ago."

"You also wouldn't have believed Cedric was a vampire three years ago," Luna said, not unkindly. It was a matter-of-fact, so Holly didn't take offense. 

Thinking about Cedric's "death" still upset her, but something had changed when they were back in England. Sure, part of her will always remember the pain, but she was looking forward to getting to know Edward Cullen. Speaking of which—

"Should we tell the Cullens we're back now?" Holly asked.

"We just got back," Neville replied. "Let's at least unpack first."

"Ugh. Boo. I wanna see Esme!"

"No, Holly."

She pouted. "When did you get so bossy and mean?"

"When I got appointed to the only one with a brain cell in this cracked cauldron of a trio," came the deadpan reply.

"All hail the holder of the sacred brain cell!" chanted Luna and Holly in mock-reverence. 

Neville sighed, resigned to his fate. 

★------------------ ★------------------

"Holly's back!" announced Alice and Edward at the same time. 

Alice whipped her head to him. "How did you know?!"

"Mind reader, remember?" That wasn't the whole reason; Holly had also texted him saying she was back and reminding him that they had a piano concert not-date. 

"Ugh, I hate when you say stuff before me," muttered Alice, before brightening. "But anyways—"

"Here's some advice for Eddy when he finally grows the balls to ask Holly out: Carpe note!"

Jasper frowned. "What the hell does that mean?"

"Seize the ass!"

"Emmett what the fuck—" Edward cut himself off. "I'm not romantically interested in Holly. She only asked me to play piano for her—"

"SHE WHAT?!"

Crap, Edward thought. I should not have said that. I really, really, really should not have said that.