𝐈 | 𝐀 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐘

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot.

------------------★------------------

AFTER THE WWWII (WIZARDING WORLD WAR 2), THINGS CHANGED. Some for the better, and some for worse.

The most prominent change was within the Girl-Who-Lived, Holly Lily Potter. The press and paparazzi were hounding her as best as they could, causing her to take refuge in #12 Grimmauld Place. The only members with access to said house were her two best friends Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom, and Andromeda Tonks with her grandson (Holly's godson) who also needed a refuge from the press occasionally.

Since the press couldn't get anything from the Chosen One, they decided to harass her friends and Andromeda. This led to Neville and Luna's frequent visits to Holly's place (Andromeda had never taken her security down from the war and took care of Teddy, knowing that Holly was in no condition to do so herself). It had begun to get tiring to them all, which gave Luna an idea, which needed just a bit of tweaking. It didn't help that she was an actual Seer, courtesy of her mother's ancestors.

"Forks!" she announced at breakfast, gaining bewildered looks from her boyfriend, BFF, and Kreacher the House-Elf, who stopped the ladle right above the pot of stew levitating underneath his chin, the ladle still being half-full.

"In the left drawer, Lady Lovegood," Kreacher answered in his gravelly voice. His behavior had improved greatly after hearing of Regulus's heroic deeds being displayed in the news. The removal of Sirius's mother's painting had also helped.

Luna sighed and shook her head. "Not the utensil, the location!"

"You're gonna have to be a bit more specific, Luna," Holly said, pushing a strand of her curly crimson hair behind her ear.

Holly had changed much from what she'd been like when she first entered the Wizarding World. True, her flaming red hair was longer than ever, but it, including her, were in recovery from the scars—physical, mental, and emotional—caused by the war. She finally seemed to be thinking more about herself than the world, seeing that in the world of accomplished wizards, they should be able to figure this out themselves. After all, she had done the hard part: taking Voldemort down.

Call it selfish, call it inconsiderate even, but Holly had been selfless enough to be a martyr and now, her first priority was not peace for the world, but something more important: peace for herself.

One thing that never changed, however, was her love for one Hufflepuff prefect named Cedric Diggory, who had tragically died during Holly's 4th year in the Triwizard Tournament. Even more tragic was that Holly had to watch it happen, then falling into a depression as a result.

The only good thing it did (if you could even call it that) was fuel her hate for the man who not only killed her parents, but also the love of her life. She could never move on from Cedric, not in a million years. She had told him that herself, never expecting that she'd actually be keeping that promise.

"I know that we've all felt the need for a get-away," Luna began, shaking off her thoughts, "and I thought that we could get out of the country, you know?"

"Seems plausible," Neville agreed hesitantly. Luna beamed.

Holly, however, seemed hesitant.