Chapter 40.5

A few minutes earlier...

You glance at Nahoya one more time before walking away to go to the restroom to clear your mind a bit. Your head hung low with many thoughts running in your head while you try to avoid bumping into anyone.

Soon, you reached the restroom, which was located on the first floor.

The refreshing lemon scent entered your nostrils the moment you went inside the clean restroom, and a bunch of girls could be seen fixing their makeup on the mirror. You kept your head low and slowly went to one of the open stalls to do your business quickly.

It'd be best to apologize as soon as possible, I wouldn't want our date to end on a sour note.

The question would be how. He's obviously mad right now and is holding back. Would a simple sorry even cut it, do you even have the right to ask him to block those girls cause you're jealous when you two aren't even in a relationship? The root of this problem was your deep seethed jealousy over those clingy girls he has around, it would be solved instantly if you proclaim yourself as his girlfriend but...

Am I ready to enter a relationship with him?

You let out a sigh and left the stall you were in as soon as you were finished then you headed to the sink to wash your hands.

"Oh? you're Nahoya's date aren't you?" A chirpy voice said.

"...yeah" You glance sideways and awkwardly greeted the brunette girl who was doing a makeup touch-up.

"Girl, I'm glad I could talk to you alone. To think that Nahoya would have such a lovely date~" Her lively and over-friendly tone made you a bit uncomfortable knowing she's one of Nahoya's ex and you two just met.

"Uhm, why?" You directly asked, not wanting to stay in the restroom for too long.

"Straight to the point huh?"

Her cheerful expression instantly faded and she turned to face you with a serious look. This made you nervous because you really can't deal with any confrontation with one of your date's exes right now.

Is she gonna tell me to fuck off her ex or something?

"I'm warning you, stop dating him"

Your mouth went agape as soon you heard her say that straight to your face, but before you could react she continued talking.

"I'm telling ya, he's no good at all and you give me the vibe who's not well versed at dating. How many lovers did you have before him and how far have you gone with them?"

"I...I've never been in a relationship before" You honestly told her.

This time, it was her turn to be surprised as she let out an audible gasp while covering her mouth with her hand. Her highly decorated nails were quite distracting.

She recovered in a second and mumbled "I can't believe that bastard, going after naïve girls this time...that motherfucker"

Ah...

Seems like she has a grudge against him, perhaps their relationship ended badly. Not that you wanted to pry...

"Listen here, he might be all sweet and clingy right now but once he found someone prettier or interesting, he'll leave you without any remorse. He might even be fucking someone behind your back!" she said through gritted teeth.

Well...I did think that too...but he clearly told me earlier that there's nothing between him and Mizuki anymore

You looked at her expression which was a mix of worry, anger, and bitterness. Honestly, you felt bad for her, but you don't need her warning because you're quite aware of what you're getting yourself into.