Chapter 21

An awkward silence filled the air as two students walk side by side, looking anywhere but each other.

You often sneak a glance at Nahoya to try to read what's on his mind right now but it's quite hard to know since he still has this poker face on. He's not smiling nor does he look angry or mad, he seems to be thinking of something.

Soon you reached where he parked his motorcycle, he finally broke the silence "Let's also get some takoyaki on the way, Souya loves those" You nodded and said you plan on buying some as well.

After arriving at the store, you two would just have small talks and focused on buying what you need. He brought a lot of junk foods and some soft drinks as you nagged him about eating too much of those and it's negative effects. He just simply chuckled and smiled softly "As always, you annoy the hell outta me with your nagging"

Rather than feel offended he just left you feeling confused, he said it in a way that's endearing. He immediately went to the cashier to pay and you catched up to him. "Hey wait up! You know I only say those because I care for you...as a friend of course!"

"Riiiight" He seemed dubious and awkwardly looked away, his back now facing you.

Seriously, what is he thinking right now? Does he know? Does he not? He's usually easy to read with his straightforward way of approaching things.

'He is acting like this because he figured out I like him? Jerk! if you're gonna reject me then just do it already!' You pouted and glared at his back.

༺❀༻

Once again you two are walking side by side with some takoyaki at hand. Nahoya paid for your takoyaki as you thanked him. Now you're both walking back to his motorcycle.

He never uttered a word about the deal or if he figured out who you like already, why is he being hesitant? Isn't this the time he's suppose to gloat and brag about how 'he's such a catch' Why isn't he saying anything? It's making you more nervous, you'd rather he straightforwardly reject you right here and now rather than act like this.

'Is he scared he'll hurt my feelings since we've grown close for the past months?'

Now you've almost reached the place where he parked his motorcycle, which means he's about to drive you home and you both won't get to talk about anything and things might get awkward between you two forever. You don't want that of course.

He was pretty cheerful earlier but judging on his actions recently he must've realized something.

You won't even dare hope that he'll reciprocate your feelings and be his girlfriend, Souya already said that he doesn't want to be in a committed relationship cause it's 'too troublesome'

To be honest you're not even sure yourself if you're ready of being in a relationship, much less with a delinquent. So much could go wrong with a decision based on feelings like that. For one, you might get more involved in gang related stuff and endanger your safety. Second of all, your parents will never agree with you dating a delinquent. There's also the fact that you two might not end up on the same high school which would cause hindrance on your relationship and might will end up on a bitter break up. Besides, you treasure your friendship with him too much to let feelings like these get in the way.

Damn, you really should've thought this through. You silently cursed yourself, didn't you promise yourself you won't tell anyone other than Emma, you even told Nahoya himself that you'll never act on these feelings yet how could you let this slip up. While it did help his grades go up, you could've thought of another strategy to motivate him to stud—

"Eyyoo, you feelin' alright? Hop on... I'm driving you home" Nahoya brought you back to reality as you flinched at his sudden touch to your shoulder. He looked hesitant, like he wanna say something.

You clenched your jaw and mustered all your courage. This needs to be addressed now.

"Driving me home already? Didn't you say you wanted to talk to me alone"

His signature smile flattered at your words "Oh yeah...I did say that hehe whoops sorry it slipped out of my mind"

"Just be honest already Hoya, you're not that dumb, you figured it out didn't you?" Your brows furrowed at hearing him trying to avoid the topic.

"Yea I think. Y/n I—" He looked tense and uneasy which made you feel worse.

"—Save it, I don't need to hear anymore. Just drive me home already" You hopped on behind him and held unto his shoulders tightly . He didn't say anything more and started the engine.

Throughout the entire ride, time seemed to flow slower as you gaze upon the beautiful sunset while holding unto his shoulders.

'Is this really fine? letting things end this way?'

You looked at his broad back and his soft fluffy peach colored locks. His awkward and uncomfortable expressions throughout the entire afternoon were confirmation enough for you that he may not feel the same way. If he were to top it off by outright saying he doesnt like you, it might be too much for your heart.

As you felt tears prick your eyes, you let yourself be selfish for now, since he already knew how you feel, and try what you've been wanting to do everytime he gives you a ride. You leaned forward and hugged him from behind tightly, as you nuzzled up against his back and feeling his warmth. You felt him tense up but after a few seconds he calmed down and still kept quiet.

 You felt him tense up but after a few seconds he calmed down and still kept quiet

'If only time could time right now, I want to relish this moment. Ill deal with the heartbreak and reality later'

Another fast update!? Yes, yes it is! I'm planning on ending this fic as soon as possible

Another fast update!? Yes, yes it is! I'm planning on ending this fic as soon as possible. Also next chapter would probably be release soon as well since next chap would be the continuation of this one.

I hope you guys liked this chapter and my drawing, dont mind the motorcycle too much, I don't know how to draw vehicles.

Please don't forget to comment and vote! I hope you enjoyed reading it!