Extra story #1 (Birthday special)

It's May 25, their birthday

Souya woke up early and turned on his bedside lamp as he got ready to prepare his gift for his twin brother, he bought it a few weeks ago and kept it hidden all this time without Nahoya noticing.

It was a custom-made helmet, while it was a bit pricey he did have some pocket money he got from working part-time jobs. His brother's helmet is already worn out and took more damage a month ago when they were chased by the rival gang that Nahoya pissed off.

His older twin beat up the Vice commander and he fought off the other delinquents who tried to get in the way of Nahoya's fight. While he may be reckless, Nahoya can't fight many people, thus when the leader and the rest of their gang mates arrived they knew they had to flee since the leader is a scum who uses weapons in a fight. They did return with the whole Toman backing them and ended up beating the enemy gang.

Souya loves his brother despite the differences they have, they work it out in the end. He's his other half, been together since they were born and even now they're still sticking together no matter the difficulties. He'd follow him to the ends of the world.

Between the two of them, Nahoya is more social and knows his way around people meanwhile Souya is socially awkward, his angry expression that's usually plastered on his face doesn't help either.

Since elementary they've been involved in so many fights and gangs already that it's no surprise they would make a gang of their own one day, only to be soundly defeated by Mochizuki. But despite that, they rise together again and now joined the Tokyo Manji gang.

Nahoya has been a great fighter through his experience since he does get himself into fights a lot. Souya admired his brother's strength be it physically or mentally, he wouldn't be shaken up or depressed even when he got utterly defeated and humiliated.

To Souya, his brother is his greatest inspiration to be stronger, he really admires him a lot since Nahoya has been nothing but a dependable big brother to him. But he knew he can't rely on his brother forever, he needs to be able to stand up on his own and be there when his brother needs him.

During middle school he noticed his brother being more aggressive in fights and started playing around with girls. He did question him for it but Nahoya would just reply that they need to enjoy their youth before they had to grow up, be adults, and had to pay bills.

Nahoya is someone who lives in the present and doesn't think much of his future, which is probably why he's always so reckless.

They both lost their parents at a very young age and now they only had their uncle and grandparents. They were invited to live in the countryside by their grandparents but they refused, saying they wanted to continue school in the city since all their friends are there, and so they live with their unmarried uncle. Their uncle is too busy with his work to pay too much attention to the twins therefore they mostly only had each other in this harsh world.

"Souya...you awake? it's still...too early"

Souya's flinched as he heard his brother's voice, he immediately hid the helmet under his bed and replied "Uh, I just...feel thirsty, I'm g-gonna go get water"

He got up from his bed and rushed to the kitchen to escape being interrogated by his brother, if he stayed there Nahoya might've figured out he was lying. After a few minutes passed, he took a quick peek inside their shared bedroom and let out a sigh of relief. Thankfully Nahoya went back to sleep, he's probably so tired after dealing with the bastards from their current enemy gang and leading their squad.

Sitting down on the corner of his bed, Souya grabbed his present under the bed. He's almost done wrapping it neatly.

His thoughts began to wander again as he recalled fond memories with his brother. Currently, they just started their 3rd year in Middle School and it was smooth sailing, at least for now.