Chapter 40 : Date part 3

As soon as the sun disappeared and nighttime began

As soon as the sun disappeared and nighttime began. You both rode one last amusement park ride and then decided to walk to the restaurant where you reserved a table for two.

Having dinner outside was your idea. Nahoya wasn't too fond of having dinner in one of those he called fancy schmancy restaurants. He said it's kinda stiff and formal, he'd prefer if you come over to his house and he'd cook you some homemade meals.

But in the end, you were able to convince him.

As an avid reader, you have a very idealistic and romanticized view of love that as soon as you got home that day he confessed, you couldn't sleep. So you spent the whole night thinking of date ideas. Like watching the sunset together, road trip, museum date, and all those cheesy romantic stuff. Out of all of them, a candlelit dinner is something you wanted to experience first, it might be a bit cliche but it's a classic date scenario perfect for a first date.

Despite being inexperienced and idealistic, you try to ground yourself from time to time to avoid getting carried away and being too invested. While you don't doubt Nahoya's words and feelings, there's no telling what the future holds—it's better to test the waters before fully devoting oneself to someone.

Or maybe you're just scared he'd leave you for his side bitches one day

You shook your head to disperse your negative thoughts. You don't need to be such a downer especially when he's right beside you, happily humming while holding your hand. You let out a deep breath and tried to reassure yourself by thinking back to that day he held you tight as if you were the most precious thing in the world while planting soft kisses.

And like he said, both of you are still young and should enjoy youth first. It's better not to rush these kinds of things, aside from romance you have other priorities in life. Though it's not like you're not taking this seriously. You sincerely hope this would lead to a healthy and long-lasting relationship.

You glance at him and then at your intertwined hands as you both walk towards your destination. The restaurant was near Trinity Land so he didn't have to drive you there.

Seeing his warm smile, you lightly squeezed his hand and thought 'Yeah, I shouldn't be too paranoid. He reassures me every day, what more do I even want—

Suddenly, his phone rang loudly, and using his other free hand, he grabs it from his pocket to see who it was.

Nahoya clicked his tongue the moment he saw who was calling and declined the call, making you curious.

"Who is it?"

"Mizuki"

You felt your heart drop from the pit of your stomach but you bit the inside of your cheeks to quickly snap out of it before he could notice that you were bothered.

"Ehh. Why'd she call?"

He let out an exasperated sigh and replied "That bitch kept bugging me sayin' that she won't return my favorite shirt if I don't fuckin visit her at her house"