Chapter 62

•❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅• •❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅•

What the hell is all that damn curse! She hated her father, Duke Alberton, who recklessly muttered about curses and plotted insidious things behind the scenes.

'There's nothing wrong with the two. It's my father who did something wrong, and someone behind him. ......And maybe that someone is the Emperor or the Crown Prince.'

Grace let out a long sigh as if to relieve her upset heart, and spoke affectionately to Leon in her arms.

"... ... It's okay, Leon. No one will say anything bad to the Duke and you anymore."

"Really?"

"Of course! What did those people say that looking at your eyes and face makes you go crazy? But Leon, do I look weird right now? Do you think I'm crazy?"

"... ... Oh no!"

"Right? They say that because they don't know what they are talking about."

When Grace straightforwardly said it, Leon was overwhelmed by the momentum and suddenly nodded his head.

Grace was able to understand Leon like that. Leon would have lived almost his entire life believing that there was a curse in Arthur and his eyes, but it was natural that he could not understand and accept it at once even if he said this now.

So from now on, she has to show herself through her actions. Vowing to more actively uncover the truth behind Duke Alberton, Grace caressed Leon's masked cheek.

"So Leon, you can do whatever you want about wearing a mask or taking it off. If you feel comfortable wearing a mask, you can keep wearing it, or if you feel uncomfortable wearing a mask, you can take it off anytime."

"......b-, but what the adults would say......."

"If someone else curses you and says something to you, ask them back, 'How do you know when you haven't experienced it?' But if that person says something else, then just call me."

"... ... My sister-in-law?"

"Yes. Then I'll chastise those people. How dare they hurt our precious Confucius, and stand still after that? So you can trust me and do whatever you want, Leon."

Grace said proudly, pinching Leon's plump cheek with her fingers. Perhaps her words were pleasant to hear, so Leon burst into laughter, even though his cheeks were pinched.

Grace kissed the corner of Leon's wide smile and added, looking at Leon's clear Odd Eye, hidden behind a small black mask.

"Don't forget, Leon, I'm always on your side."

"... ... Sister-in-law."

"So don't be intimidated or frightened by what other people say. They're cowards who don't know anything anyway, so there's no need to be hurt by what they say. Got it?"

"... ... Yes!"

To Grace's words, Leon, who seemed to have only just gained confidence, replied loudly. Seeing that, Grace smiled cutely and patted Leon gently on the head.

In fact, those words were cheesy and embarrassing enough to make her feel embarrassed to even say them herself. But if Leon could live with a little more confidence, she could say as much embarrassing things as this.

Arthur looked at Grace like that, wrapped his arms over her shoulder, and said to Leon, who was in her arms.

"In that sense, Leon. Why don't you show your unmasked face now?"