Chapter 38

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅• •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

A gloomy green light flashed again in the deep darkness and then disappeared.

In the dream that came back, Grace, who had lost her way there, was wandering in a place full of darkness.

'...am I here again?'

Grace walked through the darkness with a bitter smile.

Also, she was less afraid than before because she knew that she would wake up from her dream as if she had done it after she saw or heard something.

["——— You gave birth to a monster. — A monster that can't live."]

"......!"

Grace's ear, walking in the dark, heard someone's gloomy voice.

The voice, which would give her goosebumps just by listening to it, was strangely familiar to Grace's ears. Who could it be? Who was it? After tilting her head for a while, she soon looked as if she had realised.

'That's right, that voice! That voice I heard at the wedding party!'

And today, the voice she heard when she fell asleep in the carriage.

Grace stopped for a moment, covering her mouth with surprise. After that, she cautiously stepped towards the side where the sound was coming from.

The eerie voice then that sounded as if it were ringing Grace's head grew louder and louder.

'If I go a little closer, won't I be able to hear it more?'

It was when Grace was taking a step, thinking so.

["——You probably won't be able to live long."]

Someone else's voice was heard.

Grace stopped breathing in vain in surprise at the voice.

Not surprisingly, it was because the voice she heard now belonged to her father, the Duke of Alberton.

'Father?'

Why in the world can she hear the voice of her father, Duke Alberton now?

Did her father really intervene in this, and if so, then how much he intervened and how far he knows?

Recalling the questions she had already asked herself several times, Grace dug into the deep darkness where the sound was getting louder and louder.

["———To sustain life, we need the blood of that crazy Duchess Felix over there."]

At that moment, the surroundings suddenly brightened up, and Grace's body was tied up with something solid.

Grace looked down at her tightly bound body and dozens of people surrounding her, tightly tied her up with no room to defend herself. Suddenly, how did this happen, and Grace couldn't come to her senses at the sudden change of the "dream landscape".

"Come on, what are you doing? It must be stabbed in the heart at once. Do you understand? You must pierce that heart at once."

".......!"

And then, seeing her tied up, someone gave a hideous order.

Then a man with a sharp knife hesitated and approached her. Grace gradually stepped back and tried to recognize the man's face approaching her, but strangely, she couldn't.

However, the voice that ordered her to be killed was so familiar to her ears.

'No way, I don't think so. No way. It can't be like that.'