Where We Are Now

En başından başla

Nomi loved working on the house with Jax and the Guys and her besties Shae and Taylor who she had missed dearly as she had hardly seen them with everything going on yet, she reconnected when she was in a better head space after July and somewhat settled in the new place with Jackson.

She explained her absence on travelling and meeting Jax, and after some sucking up about dropping off the face of the Earth her girls understood and forgave her neglect, she tried to stick to the truth as much as possible as she hated lying, but simply stated Jax had a bit of a past due to being a biker but was no danger to her and loved her dearly and after a few dinners all together the girls took to him like a duck to water, and when they met his friends Shae particularly took a shine to Mike and Taylor to Omar as luck would have it.

Now she juggled her time between basically being a stay at home girlfriend, different businesses, working from home and on their new home (they had renovated a lot but still had some bedrooms, a bathroom a study and and gym to finish. Not to mention they were contemplating a pool) she still loved spending time with their friends and family.

Her Mother liked to drop in from time to time, but she knew Nomi liked her space so she always called first and didn't pop up too often, yet she would definitely talk her ear off on the phone, she sent her dad a Christmas card and birthday card, he sent her an email asking if she was still with that white man, when she stated they had moved in together and out the city, he had replied with a "Good Luck with that" she didn't respond. She accepted her relationship with her Father for what it was, with no malice, but with necessary distance, that hadn't changed. And she didn't think it ever would.

But most days she just liked to stay home, she invested in a new venture and bought a quaint restaurant/diner by a nearby harbour that was owned by an elderly couple in town, when her and Jax first moved to the quiet yet cute area they dropped in for lunch and fell in love with it becoming fast regulars.

So when Diane’s husband's health took a turn for the worst and she mentioned wanting to sell, Nomi couldn’t believe her luck. 

A few months later they handed her the keys and a beloved cookbook and bid them farewell and wished her good luck to enjoy their early retirement moving to Florida for a warmer climate and to be close to their Daughter.

Nomi renovated the spot in record time, opening up the space, re-branding the menu and growing their social media presence, she then sat back and watched the money roll in, it was in a perfect spot for customers and the trendy big city feel in the small centre of town had them constantly booked, so much so that Nomi was able to add a small bakery/deli pretty soon after opening.

NOMI'S RESTAURANT

So to say she had somewhat stuck her head in the sand, and somewhat simply just wanted to get on with life was a good way to look at it

She allowed Jax to be who he needed to be and functioned on a need to know basis.