Where We Are Now

......

Present Day

“This can all stop. Just tell us what we need to know and it all stops.” 

Tig stroked the sweaty hair of the bruised and battered man that was currently strapped in the chair at the mercy of the men in front of him.

He had held out well to be honest.

They were still tying up loose ends around the city that the spirit of August left behind, with the immediate threat neutralised there was room to breathe, yet the shadows of uncertainty and danger still lingered.

The boys all stood dotted around him in their respective corners of the dark watching the brutality unfold, unfazed and unbothered yet tense and wanting answers.

In the shadows a patient yet seething Jackson stood leaning against the hood of a nearby car comfortably and leg crossed at the ankles cigarette in hand as he smoked, eyes steady on the current lead in their searches for the last thread in their tangled web of violence that he needed to snip in order to move forward with the life he so desperately wanted, for himself, for his friends and family, for his Nomi. She had been dealing well given the circumstances, but she deserved more.

Over the past year he and Nomi had settled into a more peaceful yet troubled sense of reality.

 Nomi was aware that when Jackson would take certain phone calls or leave in the middle of the night, he wasn’t just going for a late night stroll. 

Since the July debacle to say her anxiety had been at a all time high was an understatement, yet with the help of her friends, her new found security of Jax's old friends and a trusted therapist with whom she shared her fears within reason of course, she was dealing with things well.

She threw herself into work and stayed busy, yet she was always wondering when the other shoe would drop. Hence Jax doing his best to find the last pieces of the puzzle and provide her with some piece of mind.

Jax had been making the rounds, knocking on doors and knocking heads. He had bought some members of the Chicago PD allowing him to move virtually unbothered while knowing the goings on of possible leads and had somewhat quietly immersed himself in the criminal world of Chicago discreetly and effectively.

He had also even began outsourcing himself in a sense in regards to other members of that world for a high fee. Clean up and “interrogation” so to speak being his main area of expertise.

For safety and just because they wanted to he and Nomi moved out of their respective apartments in the city, selling them for a more than reasonable price and moving just under an hour or so out of the city to a gorgeous 5 bed 3 bath Farmhouse it was a bit of a fixer upper on the inside, but overall a charming home in a beautiful countryside town which they got for a steal considering their combined incomes and the price it was on the market for.