Chapter 5: ROGUE

Nicole's P.ov  

 I  ran further into the forest and then saw a shaded tree I sat down on the foot of the tree finally being able to catch my breath.

*Sigh*  breathing in the morning dew, I wanted to sleep but I knew there was still a long way ahead and I forgot to take some snacks from the kitchen before escaping oh my god I'm going to die of starvation, I exclaimed.

' Do you wanna see how beautiful we are ? And we could look for a lake nearby to bathe in ' Ava asked while pacing excitedly in my head.

" Okay sure, " I said to ava with that I felt my bones breaking I tried to scream because of the pain but I was honestly too scared,  what if they were searching for me and then heard the scream, after the whole process of bones breaking and series of pain.

    I opened my eyes which I didn't know were shut before, and I saw I was on all fours, my vision had become more clear than before and my hearing became more sensitive than it already was.

   I looked at my hand-sorry my paws I felt so different I let Ava take control so she could find a lake we could drink from and bathe in also so I could see how we looked like properly, while she ran I could feel the fresh morning air run through our fur and I always loved nature before ava came but right now let's just say I have fallen even more in love with it if that was even possible.

   Finally, we saw a lake up ahead of us and ava stepped back giving me control I walked slowly towards the lake when I finally got there I saw our reflection in the water damn we are really beautiful,  I know I saw her earlier but this, this is amazing I stared at our reflection some more then drank from the lake I wanted to shift back but had no idea how. I wanted to bathe in human form so I asked ava for help.

 " umm, ava how do I shift back? is it going to be extremely painful like when I first shifted to wolf form? " I asked waiting for her response and soon after it came

'Just imagine your human form and all, that should do the trick'  she said.

     Once she was done talking I took a deep breath and did as she said I imagined my overgrown blonde curly hair, my long legs, my hands, and my malnourished body. [ because I barely eat, just little leftovers and that's three times a week].

     I felt my bones breaking again, I do wish my family was here to see my first shift, they would have known and told me what to do and they would have been happy, I thought as I walked back to the lake since I had already taken my necessities which consist of soap, bathing sponge, toothbrush and toothpaste, yeah for a girl that's all I got.

      I quickly stepped into the ice-cold water of the lake retreating immediately, putting one foot at a time into the water trying to get used to the water temperature I walked further into the water to the point where it covered most of my chest.

    I quickly took the shower so we could get out of here before rouges get here since where I was is a free land no pack land and I wasn't privileged enough to learn how to defend myself in a battle

'well that's going to change now, I'm sorry I couldn't be with you all this while since I was locked up ' Ava said sounding sad at her last statement.

" What do you mean by locked up, " I asked confused.

"I know pups are blessed with their wolfs or shift at the early age of five but I can't remember having mine and I haven't heard of wolves being locked up " with that said Ava became silent.

I didn't think much about it right now I just really want to leave here, becoming a rouge could get me killed I just had to survive and not trespass into other packs' territory.