𝘽𝙤𝙣𝙪𝙨 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧

Start from the beginning

"Soph...we can book an appointment when we get-" 

"No! We can't screw this up too!" I yell. Tears brim my eyes, this whole parenting thing has not been easy. Ten years later and it's only harder. 

"I promise we won't screw this up Soph. We've got this, I'll book the appointment right now." He tells me, pressing a kiss to my forehead. 

"I hate what happened last year." I mumble as the memories of the twins ninth birthday party flow into my mind. Everything was good, so damn good. Everyone was there, my mom, Axton's parents, Amyra, Jace, Seb and Amanda, the kid's friends, everything was going so well but of course the paparazzi ruined it. They crashed the party just as the kids were cutting the cake, their shutters and flashing lights blinded my kids and the personal party we had was published on every magazine you could get your hands on. It was the first time the kids shut Axton and I out. It was the first time we had to tell our kids that we couldn't protect them from this. It was the first time I questioned myself as a mother. 

"Soph." Axton tilts my chin with his finger and forces me to look at him. 

"We're trying our best and I promise they'll see that." I nod, not convinced at all. 

"I...I don't want to be them." I whisper and he frowns, before pulling me into a hug. 

"We're not them baby, we won't be them. Ava and Aiden have only shut us out once, and I can't tell you it won't happen again, because the truth is, it will. They'll scream at us one day and yell and shut us out, but they'll always love us because we're not bad parents Soph, God, I wish I could have raised myself the way  I raised Ava and Aiden." He tells me and I realize he's right. We're not bad parents. 

"Okay, we can do this. We can plan the best summer trip to make up for it." I tell him and he nods, pressing a kiss to my lips. 

--------

"Over the past six weeks, the paprazzi has been a little less intense." My manager speaks. We hired Rosie when the twins were five, it was around that time that we could barely make it out our offices without the paprazzi tailing us. I couldn't go to the supermarket for months. 

"So, on this trip, expect the paprazzi to be more intense than you've had to expect in the past few months." Myra scofss next to me as she takes a sip of coffee. 

"Paprazzie forecast huh? High flashes and rumbling rukus." She mumbles setting her cup down. I elbow her and hush her to pay attention to Rosie. 

"As of your recent activities, Jace, Axton and Kiara will be targeted the most, this is because of Jace and Kiara's previous incident and well..Axton is..well Axton." I turn to Jace and Kiara, they sit opposite from each other and I frown. Jace and Kiara are going through some problems concerning kiara's past and it's been more public than private. My heart tugs for both of them. 

"Also, Sophia, your brother and his wife should also look out for waves of attention." Myra snorts, probably remembering her weather joke and I also laugh which makes Axton looks at me like I'm crazy. 

"Also remember, you're going to another country, so forget the usual paprazzie, you're going to have locals that are excited about celebrities that are visiting their country." Everyone nods and Rosie starts packing up. 

"Any questions-" A phone starts ringing and everybody looks at me. 

"It's not mine." I mumble. 

"Your clutch is vibrating." Myra says. Jace bursts out laughing and Axton rolls his eyes. 

"It's not my phone-"

"It's your phone Soph!" They all say and I frown. 

"Bullies." I mumble, taking my of course ringing phone. I see it's Hayley and I quickly excuse myself and walk out the meeting room of my office.