𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 34

"Why do you always let him go without saying something?" he asks me as I wet the cloth under the running tap

"Because that'll cause more chaos." He rolls his eyes. 

"Plus, if I didn't stop you, you'd be on the cover of someone tabloid for beating him up." 

"Won't be the first time." he scoffs and I glare at him. 

I wipe the blood off his hand and apply ointment to his bruised knuckles. He hisses in pain. 

"Shit. Sorry." I mumble, applying it more gently. But it's kind of hard to concentrate when you're standing in between Axton McKay's legs.  I can feel his gaze on me and it burns, but in a good way, if that makes sense. 

"There you go, try not to get into any more fights,"  I tell him, looking up to him, but he's already watching me. With a smirk on his face. 

"Not making any promises." He winks at me and I  try my very best to not smile. 

"Now, let's get back to the party." I tell him, about to move away from him, but he grabs my hands, pulling me closer to him. 

I look down at the counter, because if I kept looking at him, I'd one, smile, and two fall in love with him, even more. 

"Look at me." He mumbles but I ignore him.  His index finger meets my chin, making me look at him. 

"You're nothing that he said you were, so stop thinking you are." he says and I'm shocked because how does he always know when I'm hurt? 

"You hear me?" he asks and I hum in response as he moves a strand of hair from my face. 

"Axton!" Eleanor calls out from the halls of the house. 

"We're in here!" I yell and Axton frowns. Idiot. 

"Oh God, Axton what is wrong with you! Your hand is bruised!" she says as she examines his hand. 

"Am I dead? No." He says pulling his hand away from her and walking out the room. 

"He is one crazy child." she mumbles and I laugh as I put the ointment back into the draw. 

"Sophia, honey, you're not any of those things, don't let Xavier get to you okay?" she says pulling me into a hug. 

"I know, I just wished he had kept his mouth shut." I tell her and she frowns. 

"Sophia!" I hear Amyra's voice. 

"In here Myra." 

"See you outside." Eleanor smiles at me and I nod. 

"Well, are you filing a bloody report  on the asshole or not?" she storms into the bathroom. 

"Maybe tomorrow." I mumble, grabbing her and walking out the room.