𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 31

She pulls me in enough, to keep me guessing

Maybe I should stop and start confessing. 

"Oh I've been shaking, I love it when you go crazy, you take all my  inhibitions, baby there's nothing holding me back!" I scream at the top of my lungs. 

Shawn Mendes is pretty darn good.  

"Would you quit singing?" Axton mumbles focused on the book in his hands, I don't even know what he's reading. 

"What are you reading?" I ask him, opening the oven to check on the brownies we've been baking, well I've been baking. Axton hasn't done anything other than cleaning the bowl and spoon, with his mouth. 

You wish that was you huh? 

Okay subconscious, shut up. 

I look out the large glass view, the dark, gloomy city below us.  Busy streets, with people, walking, jogging, driving, making their way through the rain to run their errands. Despite the weather, New York is always busy, I love it. The simple idea of the entire city just busy like bees. Ironic because I'm having a lazy day. But in my defense, I haven't had a lazy day in years. 

Axton and have been in my apartment since we left my mom's place. We've been watching movies, reading, singing, baking, and just talking, I forgot how good it was to do nothing. After feeling the comfort of doing nothing, I've realized sometimes you need to slow down, do nothing but what makes you happy, and by that, I don't mean work, unwind from the work mode. It's now a priority. 

"A book from," he shifts his gaze from the pages of the book to my bookshelf, 

"The BookTok pile." My eyes widen. Crap. 

"I don't think you'll be into a book from there, put it down, you're wasting time," I tell him, hoping he listens to me for once. 

I take the brownies out of the oven and as I place them on the marble countertops a gasp leaves his mouth. 

I look up and he looks shocked? 

"What?" I ask him and he gets up from the couch and runs to me. 

"When I asked you if you've ever watched porn, you said no and I thought you were lying." 

"Uh, and?" I ask him, utterly confused. 

"You weren't!" Well obviously dumbass. 

"You don't watch it! You fucking read it!"  he yells and I fold my arms over my chest. 

"You read porn!" he yells again, obviously shocked. I swear I'm going to throw him out the window soon. 

"Are you done?" I ask him, annoyed with his dramatic reaction. 

"No,  I'm not fucking done. You're not as innocent as you seem." I roll my eyes. 

"And you're not as smart as you look." I shift my gaze from him to the brownies, clearly done with this conversation.