12 | two worlds, two people

12 | "Should I just tell her?"

"So she told you that he wears glasses as well as the same color hair as you?"

Sunghoon nodded swiftly, a determined yet unsure look written across his face. "Yes."

"And she said that he lives on the same floor as you guys, correct?" Jongseong gives Sunghoon the stupidest look, but the boy is still oblivious.

"...Yes."

"Goddamnit, Sunghoon, she's talking about you!" Jongseong was horrified at the fact that Sunghoon was this absent-minded. The two sit together in Sunghoon's apartment while Yeojin and Yerin are at their house. Yeojin texted him not too long ago that Yerin was mourning over the fact she indirectly confessed and he didn't shed one tear or speak a word. The real tragedy was that once the two exited the transit bus, Sunghoon ran off. Jongseong presses his fingertips to his temples, aggravated at his stupidity. "Do you not know? Are you playing dumb?"

"What are you talking about, hyung?"

"She likes you, dimwit!" Jongseong finally says the dying words everyone (including the spectators) has been wanting to hear, Sunghoon widening his eyes as he can't believe what he's heard. "Cha Yerin likes you so much, she can't help herself! Why are you still so unaware of that? She makes it so deathly obvious, I don't know why you're denying it."

Sunghoon was silent, taking the hits like a man.

"There's no way-"

"Shut up!" Jongseong mourns, but for a moment, he wants to hear what the younger has to say. "Fine, fine. Go ahead, say it. Why do you doubt it?"

"She and I... live in two different worlds, hyung," Sunghoon explains, hands fisted against the table. The two sit in the dining room, trying to figure out his feelings and decipher if his intuition was surely correct. "She's a busybody, Yerin loves her work. People adore her for her determination, and Yerin is simply a goddess. Me? While your girlfriend may have landed me my job, can't I be brutally honest? People only think of me as a good-looking person. I walk and people swoon over it. I breathe? People cower around me. I can't help but think the main reason I got my job was that I can gather people easily."