04 | between work and private life

04 | "I enjoy your company, a lot, Yerin

04 | "I enjoy your company, a lot, Yerin."

Yerin fixes her dolled-up hair at the bus stop

Yerin fixes her dolled-up hair at the bus stop. Curling her hair, she looks to see if her ribbon clips aren't slipping. She wants to give off a good impression, not only to the place she'd be interning at every weekend but obviously, to Sunghoon. Maybe she was working with him that unsettled her the most, as usual, they'd be twenty feet away. Now, they'll only be five. She knows that the more she tends around her, the more her lips tighten to not mutter a word.

The bus arrives, and in the best outfit that she could find in her closet, she walks into the bus. Her eyes glance at each person until she sees a special someone, a hand reserving the seat next to him. Once he looks up, he's alarmed. Pushing up his glasses, Sunghoon moves his hand.

"Oh! Yerin!" Yes, Sunghoon knew that Yerin takes this bus. He sat in the back one morning on a weekend and saw her take the bus. Sure, he had his crush, but he decided to hide his face from the window. Then, the next weekend after that, she'd ride the same bus. (To be quite frank, he assumed this was the only bus she took. Only on weekends, too.) "I didn't know you ride this bus!"

Yerin was suspicious of his sweating brow but dismissed it because she was nervous herself. "Yes... I never knew you did too!" She nods happily, smiling to appease the awkward tension. "Are you waiting for someone? I see that you've been saving the seat next to you."

Now how was Sunghoon supposed to get out of this one without telling the truth? He didn't want to lie to her saying that he was waiting for another friend and have her sit away from him because he wanted her to sit next to him. He was contemplating and decided to sit straight. "I was saving it for you!"

"I thought you said that you didn't know I rode this bus?" Yerin chuckles, taking a seat next to him. Sunghoon slides his hands politely into his lap. He's sat next to numerous women, but none were like Yerin. In the sense that he had a wicked crush on her, of course.

"I didn't, but I had a hunch today," Sunghoon laughs it off, scooting closer to the window. Sunghoon stares at the headphones in his hands, which he planned to share with Yerin today on the bus. Like a planned date, Sunghoon had initially planned to get to know her more on the bus ride to their center. Now, it seems he's stuck in place, unable to even offer it. "Are you excited to do some work outside of our company?"