10 | bouquet-boy

10 | "I need to up my game! She's going to fall for him!"

"Do you... like me?"

He freezes. Were Sunghoon's feelings discovered? Was this the end of their short-lived friendship, although they liked each other mutually? Her head slowly turns to him, seeing the blush rise even in a sea of blue. Yerin's bold nature even gives herself a shock, blush to form to become her aquarium of red.

The two face each other, hands knotted with its pair. Both were nervous only by a simple question, but that question could either mend or divide the co-workers. Yerin could no longer look him in the eye, taking a step back.

"W-What?"

"I mean!" She makes him flinch, watching him with wide eyes. Hands open, trying to deescalate the situation. "Do you like meat? Meat, yes! We can go cook some for lunch before we head back to work!"

"What? O-Oh, yes! We can," Sunghoon nods quickly, swallowing the knot in his throat formed from what he perceived was a misunderstood question. He clasps his hands together awkwardly, facing the fish again to hide his feelings within the water. "Oh wow, would you look at those fish over there- Oh wow, a shark!? Come on, Yerin! Let's go look at them!"

He tries to divert the situation by running off into another section of the aquarium, leaving Yerin to giggle at his cuteness. She fans herself from the sudden shock she got from her words, regretting every syllable spoken from her mouth. However, giggling for a moment, she wonders if that sentence could've brought them together. Maybe if she said it once more, he'd say he does. "Argh. Stupid Yerin, saying whatever you want," She insults herself but points at the fish. "Wait, I need to follow him. I can't lose him again!"

She runs after him, yelling his name. "Sunghoon~!"

Later, after the aquarium catastrophe, the two go out for barbeque just as Jaeyun and Yerin did yesterday. The two chat despite the awkward question that Yerin popped in front of the fish, almost as if it didn't happen in the first place. They laugh, nudge, and play around. Since Yeojin and Jongseong had ruined their first date, could they consider this the first?