Chapter 1 : After a year

"Naruto! Quit your whining already!" a pinkette yelled at her blonde bestfriend. "Sorry, Sakura chan. It's just that I don't have enough money in my froggy wallet and I really wanted to eat ramen today." the blonde whose name was Naruto said. Sakura rolled her eyes and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"You can come with Hinata and I if you would like. We are going to Ichiraku's ramen today, to celebrate our half year anniversary." Sakura blushed as she thought about her purple haired girlfriend.

Sakura was head on heels for this boy (well not a boy anymore) named Sasuke when she was younger. But a year ago, she was left heartbroken when he told her that 'she wasn't the one for him' and 'to go find someone else.' Hinata pitied her and spent most of her time with the pinkette. Sakura enjoyed her company, after all they were friends since their preschool days. But around 3 - 4 months later, both of them noticed that they had developed feelings for each other and it was mutual. They started dating around 6 months ago from the present day.

"Nooo! You guys treat me like a third wheeler all the time!" Naruto pouted as he dug his hands into his pockets. Being treated like a third wheeler twice a week really got on his nerves. He didn't like slurping up ramen when Sakura fed Hinata some fishcake. 'Wish someone would also do that to me as well.' Naruto thought to himself. Naruto wouldn't admit that he also wanted a partner. Half his friends, including Choji, one who wasn't really appealing to women but had an amazing personality, got their respective girlfriends and boyfriends. Naruto felt sort of...jealous.

"NARUTO KUN! SAKURA! GOOD NEWS! SASUKE KUN IS COMING BACK TO THE VILLAGE!" yelled a purple haired woman. She had long, straight purple hair which matched with her lavender eyes. She wore a striped beige shirt which was fastened with a wide belt and shorts. She even wore long black boots to match with her shorts.

"Hinataa!" Sakura waved at her girlfriend. Her girlfriend chuckled and came up to them. "Naruto kun, Sasuke kun is coming back to the village!" she exclaimed. She knew how much the blonde loved the raven.

Naruto's eyes widened. His face lit up. About a year ago, Sasuke promised him that he will come back to the village after a year because Naruto wanted to 'rekindle their bonds'. Naruto did have faith in Sasuke but hearing that he was actually returning back to the village made him grin like an idiot. He did miss him so much, after all.

"Kakashi sensei asked him to meet us in his office." Hinata said as he interlinked her arm with her girlfriend's. Naruto pouted. 'Stop making me feel single, dattebayo. But that's going to change because I'm going to confess to Sasuke, whatever it takes.' Naruto thought to himself as they walked to the Hokage's office.

Few months after the 4th Great Ninja War, Tsunade resigned from her position and installed Kakashi as the 6th Hokage of the Hidden Leaf Village. He didn't really take most of the things seriously and spent of the time reading his Icha Icha books but apart from that, he was a good Hokage. 

"Kakashi sensei, we are here!" Naruto exclaimed as he opened the door. He let the ladies walk in and closed it. "Ma, Ma~ It's so nice to see you guys." Kakashi smiled under his mask. He had known the 3 of them ever since they graduated from the academy. It was sort of wholesome seeing them as young adults with bright futures ahead of them.

"Hinata must have told you but I shall repeat myself. Sasuke is returning back to the village. He informed me about this today morning through his hawk. He will be here any minute." Kakashi explained. Naruto could feel the adrenaline rushing through his body. He was going to meet his crush again after a year.

A lot of things happened between Naruto and Sasuke - They fought in the Valley of the End when they were 13, Sasuke left the village, Naruto trained with Jiraiya, a legendary sannin to make himself stronger and bring back Sasuke, 2 years later they met again at Orochimaru's hideout, Sasuke killed Itachi, Pain - the leader of the Akatsuki attacked their village but Naruto destroyed him in the end, a 4th Great Ninja War commenced, Sasuke arrived to fight alongside Naruto, they won the war but Sasuke wanted to challenge Naruto to a dual at the Valley of the End, None of them exactly won but they lost one of their arms, Sasuke promised Naruto that he would come back to the village in a year. This is from Naruto's point of view.

"Naruto, hear me out. Sakura and Hinata told me about your thoughts regarding Sasuke and I am going to help as well. I am sending you 2 on a mission to the Hachimitsu Village to convey a secret message to our allies. Take your time over there alright?" Kakashi said with a smug look. Sakura and Hinata grinned at each other.

Sakura and Hinata had always known that Naruto had feelings for Sasuke. The fact that he would even sacrifice his life for him makes it obvious to an oblivious child as well. However, they weren't sure about how Sasuke felt so they really wanted to help out Naruto, given how much he has helped the 2 of them. Hinata had feelings for Naruto when she was younger but even if she didn't use her byakugan, she knew that Naruto's true love was Sasuke and she didn't want to interfere. 

The door to the Hokage's office slightly creaked open. "I'm here, Kakashi." said a familiar voice, one that sent a smile on Kakashi's face, delight on the girls' face and eagerness on Naruto's face. 

A man in his late teens walked in. He had a black orb and a purple one, his raven bangs covering the left orb. His purple orb was none other than the rinnegan, known for its ocular powers and mass destruction. He had pale, milky white skin and rosy lips. He wore a long sleeved black shirt with a white waistband securing it. He wore black capris right over his slightly heeled boots and draped himself with a black cloak.

Naruto's heart was skipping with joy, he couldn't believe it.

'He' was back.

AUTHOR'S NOTE - Sup guys! This chapter takes place after the timeskip which was mentioned in this story and my previous book. It will be quite confusing for those who haven't read 'Just Another Love Story' so do check it out. See you in the next chapter.

Sayonara~