009: birthday girl down

Thea was studying science on her Pear Pad beside Charlotte on the couch as her, Henry, Charlotte, Jasper and some random kid named Flashback that Thea never seen in her life but somehow her other friends knew him.

The five teens were all studying for their upcoming science test in a few days time in Henry's house — well, Thea was kinda zoning out pretty much throughout the whole session.

"Okay," Charlotte turned her PearPad around to show the element 'B' to Jasper.

Jasper sat up straighter, "Boron, okay. Atomic number. . .five. Category metalloid." He answered and Charlotte nodded as he got the answer correct.

"Doesn't your grandfather have metalloid?" Henry asked Charlotte.

"Yeah, he can't sit down." The girl sighed.

Jasper turned his PearPad around to show Henry the element 'Cd'.

"Canadium," Henry responded as the two girls exchanged an look. "A person from Canada. . .mium. Personality. . .Canadia-ish."

"Yeah, even I know that's wrong." Thea chimed in.

"It's cadmium. Atomic number 48. Category, transition metal." Charlotte easily answered.

Henry sarcastically clapped his hands, "Ooh, and once again. Charlotte gets the answer right."

"Shocker."
"Didn't see that coming."
Jasper and Flashback joined in.

"Yeah. Too bad I don't know the atomic number for idiot boys." Charlotte shot back and Thea high five her.

"Oh!"
"Good 4 you Charlotte!"
The boys shouted.

"So, what're we all doing for Saturday night?" Henry asked and everyone immediately all looked away from the blond boy, Thea was playing with her rings, ignoring the boy's gaze.

"You guys wanna play miniature golf?" Henry suggested.

"No. . ." They all mumbled.

"You wanna play enormous golf?" He then asked and they all shared a look. "Hello?"

Charlotte let out a sigh, "He's gonna find out."

"Well, I'm not tellin' him." Jasper stated.

Henry looked at the five teens, "What, come on, no secrets," Then he looked at Flashback. "Flashback?"

"Why are you asking me? This is the first time I've ever been invited to your house." He defended.

He looked at over at Thea who was quiet which was rare to see, "Thea, please tell me."

"I don't think I should be the one telling you this." Thea shrugged.

Charlotte let out a sigh, "Henry. . .we're all going to Debbie Putch's birthday party." She explained and the blond boy looked at all of them in disbelief while the others nodded.

Debbie Putch was a girl in their class who always threw birthday parties every year since her family was so rich — not richer than Thea's but they weren't so far off. But since their Dads were friends and Thea now goes to the same school with Debbie, the girl had invited to Thea even though she didn't want to go.

But Charlotte and Jasper had told the girl not to tell Henry about this 'cause apparently him and Debbie aren't really friends 'cause of a situation that happened in her last party.

"But I didn't get an invitation." Henry said.

Jasper raised an eyebrow, "Is that a big surprise?"