010: valentine's chaos

IN JUNK N STUFF, Thea and Charlotte were the only ones inside the closed store as they were discussing about the dinner party that her parents organized for tonight.

            The guys were all downstairs with Henry as the girlfriend was waiting for him to change into his outfit that he picked out a couple days ago.

            Thea sported in a black dress that covered her knees and had delicate red flowers embroidered all on the straps and bust area. Pair with red kitten heels and her dark brown hair was straightened.

              Charlotte finished counting the money from the cash register then faced Thea to see her munching on Sour Patch Kids. "Stop eating that, you're already on your fourth one." She scolded.

           "I eat Sour Patch Kids when I'm stressed," She defended. "Also when I'm happy, sad, anger, scared—okay, all the time!"

            "I thought that you said that you were cool about Henry meeting your parents?"

              "Yeah, last night. I'm scared they're going to say something mean," Thea frowned, knowing her parents were the friendliest of people. "What if they ask Henry, what's his plans for the future or what does your parents do or what does he think of the political and economic state of the world right now?"

            Charlotte furrowed her brows. 

           "And don't get me started on my brothers. That goblin Ethan was supposed to go back to college last night but staying here only to see my parents to belittle Henry. And as for Zach, he's taking karate lessons and is dressing up as the Karate Kid!" Thea poured the rest of her candy inside her mouth before aggressively chewing it. "This party will go well. . ." She chanted. Charlotte weirdly looked at her best friend mumbling those words as she held crystal stones in her hand.

     "Well, I think this party is going to go terrible." 

  That was the first thing Ray had said to Henry once the blond boy walked out of the other room after changing into his outfit for tonight.

       "What do you think?" Henry asked, gesturing towards his attire. The male wore a grey T-shirt, black leather jacket and denim jeans. Very different from his usual outfits.

"Good."
"Nice jacket."
"Hot."

            Everyone turned their heads to Jasper for an explanation. "I mean, is it hot in here?" He said and tried to fan himself but realized that he only made it worse. "Um—alright, you look good Henry! There I said it!"

"Alright."
"Jeez, relax."
"What's his problem?"

          "Oh, yeah. And why would you think that Thea's party will be terrible, Ray?" Henry asked.

          Ray was eating a bucket of popcorn. "First off all, her family didn't even invited me."

          "Thea's parents don't know you." Jasper pointed out.

          "Yeah, and they know you and they didn't invite you!"

          "Thea said that she'll invite me next time." The Dunlop boy proudly smiled and the others exchanged looks, knowing that was not true.

            "Anyways. Any party without me, it's bound to be lame." Ray firmly stared.

          "N-uh. Charlotte told me that there will be a chocolate fountain, a surprise singer performing and a Piñata." Schwoz informed.