017: saturday night lies

THE FOUR TEENS were working inside in the store. Charlotte was organizing some items in the store, Henry was behind the cash register, Jasper sat on the couch and Thea was reading her magazine on the counter.

     Ray bursted into the store. "Yo, yo, kiddos! Check out this new invention Schwoz just made for me." He announced.

"Ooh, I wanna see!"
"Uh - oh."
"Show us."
"K."

"Check it out." Thea hopped off the counter to stand next to her boyfriend, leaning her elbow on his shoulder as Ray held up a pen.

"Uh, I don't think Schwoz invented the pen." Charlotte spoke.

Ray scoffed. "She thinks it's just a pen, she thinks it's a pen." He mocked as Henry and Jasper awkwardly laughed.

"So did we." Jasper said.
"We thought it was just a pen." Henry remarked.
"It's just a pen." Thea repeated.

"Actually, yes but no, it also happens to be," He then shook the pen to show a light blue color. "A nose hair trimmer."

"What?" Henry said as Ray stuck the pen up his nose.

"That's so cool." Thea smiled.

"And it also happen to fire small poison darts," Ray shook the pen again, transforming into a small dart.

"No way!"
"Awesome!"
Thea and Henry smirked.

Ray pointed the dart/ pen and nose trimmer at a plant and shot it making the plant die.

"Wow!" Jasper cheered.
"Yes, this is gold!" Henry added.

"And you can reuse the dart, so. . .sustainable, good for the Earth and all that. . ." Ray trailed off as his eyes wandered towards the window. He gasped at the sight of a couple. "Oh, no! She's here, why is she here? No, no, no!"

"Who?"
"Who's that?"

"Her, her! Lacey, my ex girlfriend! Oh my God, she's —" Ray said as he leaned over the register when the man and lady walked in.

The woman smiled. "Ray!"

"Lacey!" Ray falsely smiled back in an high pitched voice. "Oh my Gosh! You. . .you're here!"

"Ray Manchester!" She held her arms out for him to hug. "Oh my gosh, how long has it been?"

"Oh my gosh, twe- twelve years,"

"Ugh, 12 years. Well, you look exactly the same."

"Oh, thanks."

"Just older." Lacey remarked and Thea couldn't help but let out a loud laugh but covered it up with a cough when everyone looked at her.

"Oh, I forgot how funny you were." Ray said as him and Lacey shared a fake laugh before letting out a dramatic sigh.

Henry decided to break the awkward tension. "So, Ray. Do you, uh, wanna introduce us to your. . ." Henry and Thea went to join Charlotte and Jasper.