005: captain man's not indestructible anymore?

One of the many things that Thea lacked was the ability to pay attention especially during speeches, one moment the girl could be listening to every word you say then the next moment, the Wilde girl could be playing with the ends of her hair or chipping her baby blue nail polish.

But those were the days where the girl was pretty much tuning out and was just checking out her nails as The Vice Mayor was giving Captain Man and The Dangers, awards and also saying a very long speech. Henry had to keep nudging her so she wouldn't fall asleep.

"— To right that crime, and luckily Swellview has the best crime fighters of all, and so, my fellow Swellviewians, as Vice Mayor of this fine city. I present these medals of recognition for bravery and community service to our very own Captain Man, Kid Danger and Danger Girl." Everyone applauded for them.

Ms Swellview handed them three medals before the Vice Mayor continued, "Oh, and please accept this coupon for one free medium frozen yogurt."

"Wow?"
"Each?"
"Awesome."

The Vice Mayor shook his head, "No, you have to split the yogurt."

Captain Man then walked over to the podium and thanked Swellview for being so kind to him and The Dangers

A moment later, it was now The Dangers' turn and everyone applauded for them. Thea had noticed her younger brother, Zach was in the crowd alongside Jasper, Piper and Charlotte.

"The Dangers!" Zach gushed as he was recording them with his phone.

"We love you Kid Danger!" Piper exclaimed.

Danger Girl let out a laugh and nudged Kid Danger on the arm. "Aww." She cooed and the boy pushed her hand away.

"I love you, Danger Girl!" Jasper shouted and sent a flirty wink which made the girl's smirk vanish instantly.

"Aww," Kid Danger cooed, mocking the girl and Danger Girl smacked his hand away. The boy then turned his attention back to the audience, "Even though, we've only been Captain Man's sidekicks for a short time, we really—" Then the music started playing.

Danger Girl furrowed her eyebrows, "What the butt, are they playing us off?"

Kid Danger looked at Captain Man, "I didn't get to speak."

"I think there's a time limit." He explained with a small shrug.

Then everyone start taking pictures of them, Captain Man shoved his sidekicks out of the way so that he can take a picture with Ms Swellview. So, the sidekicks took pictures with everyone else and even signed autographs.

Before they could leave in the Man Van to head back to the Man Cave, Jasper shouted, "Wait, Captain Man, Captain Man!"

"Yes, you in the loose pants."

"Will you sign my Captain Man action figure?" Jasper asked the superhero.

"Sure, just bring it up here and I'd be glad —" But Jasper didn't let him finish his sentence and instead he threw it at the man's face.

Everyone let out a shock gasp, "It hit him in the face!" The Vice Mayor pointed out.

"Sorry, Captain Man!" Jasper apologized.

Captain Man picked up the action figure, "No, worries. I'm okay!" He announced.

Kid Danger and Danger Girl pulled Captain Man aside. Kid Danger put his thumb on Captain Man's lips, "Blood," He said.

"Why do you have a bloody thumb?" Captain Man questioned.

Danger Girl shook her head, "No. Dude, your mouth is bleeding from that action figure that just hit you." She informed.