009: double date danger

IT WAS A PRETTY OK MORNING at school until Miss Shapen came rolling in a tricycle and shouting at kids to get to school. Thea closed her locker before her and her friends can head to class that until Miss Shapen had shouted at Henry to stop.

They all turned around. "Uh, Ms Shapen?"

   "Yeah, what?"

"Why are you riding a tricycle?" Charlotte asked.

"Oh because last night right before I fell asleep, I stepped in cat food."

     "And?" Jasper asked.

"And by the time, I had woke up, my cats had eaten part of my left foot." Thea slowly nodded and tossed the rest of her bag of chips inside the bin since she was too grossed out to eat the rest.

Miss Shapen looked at the blond boy. "Now, Henry I'm thinking of a number between one and a hundred."

"That's cool for you." Henry told.

"Guess what number it is."

"Oh, uh. . .thirty eight?"

Ms Shapen shot up. "Wrong, the number was th—" Then she realized she was standing up and went to sit back down. "Pick another number."

"Uh, seventy four?"

"Wrong! Now, you have to do me a favor!"

        "Why?"

   "Because you picked the wrong number!"

  "May I go to class?" Charlotte chimed in.

"No, just stand there and stay something once in a while," Miss Shapen told them she looked at Thea. "Same for you, Wilde," And then she ruffled Jasper's hair. "You too, Curly Sue." Miss Shapen turned back to Henry, "This is favor it's about my niece, Noelle."

   "Ooh, I love that name." Charlotte smiled.

"I'd remembered I had a poodle named Noelle then my Grandpa Fizz ran her over with his dirt bike but blamed it on Geoffrey—"

    "Don't talk yet, girls!"

     "Sorry." They both mumbled.

      "My niece is coming to visit, here in Swellview." She informed Henry.

    Henry furrowed his eyebrows. "Okay?"

      "And normally, I would have her stay with me but she's allergic to cats."

      "Oh."

   "And nuts. Cats and nuts."

   "One time, my Grandpa Fizz gave peanut butter cookies to my Grandma even though he knew that she was allergic to nuts—"

   "Don't talk, Thea!" Ms Shapen snapped.

     "Sorry. . ."

    She looked back at Henry. "Now, what was I talking about?"

   "Uh, your niece, Noelle is allergic to cats." Henry reminded her.

"And nuts. Even nut dusts," Ms Shapen added. "So, I want Noelle to stay at your house."

Henry looked at her in disbelief. "What? Why my house?" He asked.

"Because you guessed the wrong number!"

"Can't you just let her stay at a hotel or something?" Thea asked her teacher. "I mean, am I the only one who finds this kinda weird—"

"Do you want detention, Wilde?" Miss Shapen yelled at her and the girl shook her head in response. "Then, zip it!"