"Do you remember anything suspicious about them. Or that day?"

  "Well, I did find it weird that they left right away. Didn't tell me how the job went or the troubles. Didn't even let me pay them."

  "Do you know what they looked like?"

"Not really. They wore caps and long sleeved clothing."

I sigh. There's nothing we can get from this. I shake my head to rid the negativity. I'll find her. I know it.

"Alright. Thank you for your time. I appreciate you answering my questions." I stand.

"Of course." She stands up as well.

She leads us to the front door and I thank her again for her time before leaving and sliding into the car.

"We got some information at least." Miles looks at the bright side.

"Yeah."

We're silent for the rest of the ride.

I couldn't stop thinking about what she told me about my father. I never really considered what he must've felt after loosing her. I can't imagine loosing my father. I can barely imagine the pain he had to endure while raising me. A reminder of her every time he looks at me or at the photos on the table.

I've been selfish. And I'm feeling the guilt burn into me like an iron.

It's late already. The drive was long so I'll go to the house tomorrow morning.

I hope he'll forgive me.

When we reach the casino, Miles puts the car in park and I quickly get out and to the casino. I practically run up the stairs instead of taking the elevator. I can't wait right now. I need to get to my room.

I swallow down the sob in my throat and blink away the burn in my eyes.

I need to get behind closed doors.

I whip out my keycard and open the door but before I can close it, a foot steps between and an arm pushes the door open.

It's Miles.

I could punch him right now.

"What?" I practically spit out.

"Azura, are you okay?" He pushes inside and for some reason, the sob comes back up my throat. I'm so pissed at him for interrupting me right now.

"I'm fine. Can you leave?" I know I sound like a major jerk right now but I couldn't care less.

"Not until you talk to me. What's wrong?" He closes the door behind him. I know he's not leaving now.

"Fuck, Miles! Can't you leave? I'm trying to have some space for myself, okay? I don't even deserve comfort right now. I deserve to feel lonely." Tears well up fast in my eyes and I try to blink them away but it's no use.

He stands there for a second. Shocked. Just staring at me as I try to regain my composure. But the attention only makes it worse and  the sob I tried so hard to swallow climbs up my throat and pulls out of my mouth. And then the tears start rolling.

"Zura." He pulls me into a hug. The best hug I've ever had. I feel safe and warm and so, so loved.

And I let it out.

I let out the pain I've been feeling for my entire life. The hallow hole in my heart where my mother should be. The stress of trying to be the perfect daughter for my dad. To be the amazing new devil he wants me to be. The empty leads of trying to find my mother.