26

The next few days passed with nothing really that interesting happening .

Chris made sure to brush his arm with mine every time we passed each other in the halls, which was always somehow in front of Blair or Matt. 

"I'm impressed." Blair started that Thursday afternoon as we walked down to gym class.

"It's been five days since you talked to Chris and you guys haven't even fought. This has got to be some sort of record" 

I laughed and adjusted the strap of my book bag. "We haven't really had a chance to" 

Which wasn't exactly a lie. 

"I still can't believe Lyla is the reason for everything. And that you have done basically nothing about it" 

"With ms alderines random vendetta against me she's watching me like a hawk, I don't really want to give her a reason to expel me. My dad would have a cow." I shrugged as we stepped outside in the direction of the gym. 

It was the beginning of February which meant that it was still freezing outside.

Briar seemed to be thinking the same thing because she pulled her hoodie a little tighter on her body.

"I guess so. I just think she should get a lot more than a slap for causing all of this" 

"Well Chris did de-friend her and now almost the whole school knows she's a rat so now she has like no friends"  Briar eyes widened,

"What? Are you serious?" 

The both of us arrived at the girls locker rooms and we quickly opened the door and stepped in,

"yep literally he called her the minute i told him" 

I laughed just as class began, and coach had us running laps of the gym. 

Matt was already at class when we arrived, looking like he was half asleep.

kicked him in the shin, jolting him awake. His eyes had deep bags under them and it looked like he had got about five minutes of sleep. 

"Are you okay?" I mouthed once he looked over to me. 

He blinked a few times looking like he was trying to hide some underlying emotions, but he just mouthed back, "yep i'm completely fine" 

I nodded and kept jogging, worry blossoming in the pit of my stomach. If Matt was having a hard time covering what he was feeling, then something was going on. 

Class continued on, and by the time it was over I had retained absolutely no information. Matt was out the door first, not bothering to look at Briar or me. "What's up with him?" I asked looking over at my best friend. 

She bit the inside of her cheek, worry obvious in her eyes, "I don't know. He was acting normal last night and now he's avoiding us like the plague" 

Furrowing my eyebrows, I looked back at where he disappeared to. "I'm going to go talk to him alright?" 

When Briar nodded, I walked ahead and spotted Matt walking a few feet ahead his body rigid.

"Matt!" I snapped walking up to them  His hands were shaking and his eyes were bloodshot.

"Jeez,Matt are you ok?" I whisper yelled  He wouldn't look at me until I began pulling him in the direction of an empty class.

We still had another class left in the day but I didn't care enough.  He was completely silent as he stood there,

"What's going on?"  Matt looked at the wall behind me and said nothing.

"Matt I know that you and I don't really openly talk about our feelings, but you're going to have to try right now. What is going on?" I continued trying to sound calm.