17

(y'all ain't even ready for this😳)

Quinn Chalmers

The moment that I stepped out of Blair's house I regretted my decision.

My heels were already digging into the back of my heals and the dress was too tight.

"Are you coming or not?" Chris said a few feet in front of me.

Rolling my eyes, I walked up to him and waited.

Truth be told, it was getting hard to focus with how attractive he looked tonight. And the fact that it was Chris who I was calling attractive had me in a sour mood.

Just get through tonight.

Then all these 'feelings' will be in the past.

Chris pulled out a coin from his pocket and held it out to me.

"Here you have to have one of these to get in"

I went to grab it but he quickly held it out of my reach.

"Remember the rules for tonight?"

I sighed and looked up at him.

"Yes Chris. I remember the rules." He paused and looked me over once, seeming to make sure I was presentable enough.

I didn't have time to blink before he took a step forward so we were less than an inch apart.

He towered over me and I tried not to breathe in too much of his pine scented cologne.

"I'm going to warn you right now that this probably won't be fun Quinn. All you need to do is put on a smile and act like what they say has no effect on you" He said

I would've rolled my eyes, but the stiffness of his body and his hard jaw made me think that he too had to fake smiles and laughs at these events.

How much of Chris's life was I oblivious to?

"I got it. Don't let them know that I hate everything and everyone." I said crossing my arms.

He just rose his eyebrows, the tension leaving his body. "What have I done?" He muttered to himself as the uber arrived.

once we arrived my breath caught in my throat at the sight of the Manor in front of me.

"Welcome to the next 3hours of small talk and pretend not to hate all of the words that come out of their mouths"Chris laughed, the sound dry and forced.

His tongue ran along the inside of his cheek for a moment,

I didn't really have an answer for that which he knew, so instead he offered his arm to me.

It was the last thing I wanted to do, but I was putting on a show for the night. I stepped forward and rested my hand in the crook of his arm, the both of us walking up through the elaborate gardens filled with fountains and winter plants. We walked all the way up to the entrance of the house without a word.

showing the coins to the entrance security

I mean I knew This was a ball but dang...

The inside of the house was even more elaborate than the outside.

Chandeliers hung from the ceiling, reflecting onto the adjacent vaulted ceilings and marble floors amplified the clicking of my heels

There seemed to be two main wings to the house. To the left was quiet and dim. The right, where music was echoing from, seemed to be the entertainment wing.