5

~tie breaker~

The sound of running water pulled me from sleep the next morning.

The instant my eyes opened though, the headache kicked in.

"fucking hell" I groaned sitting up in my bed.What the hell happened last night?

i rubbed my eyes in pain from the hangovers

"Oh good you're up." Blair started,

"I started the shower because I figured it would help with the headache. And there's also some aspirin on your dresser"

I sighed in relief. It was a miracle that I had her as my best friend.

"You're a gods send." She winked at me and pulled a dark blue sweater over her head.

"I figured I owed you after dragging you out last night"

I had only half heard her words, simultaneously trying to will the sun to go back down.

"What even happened last night?"

"I don't really remember. Pretty sure Matt does though. He normally doesn't get that wasted"

Nodding my head, I stood up and walked over to the shower.

If I showed up late for the Hockey game today,

coach would probably kill me.

We had been practicing nonstop for the game against the guys team today and I was itching to get out there even with a killer headache.

playing against the guys had always been the ones I was most competitive about.

Mostly because Chris played for that team and he somehow always found a way to mess me up.

He was good, but even with his distractions I was still able to beat him most of the time.

The world around me swayed as I stepped into the shower after swallowing 2 aspirin pills, letting out a loud sigh at the hot water hitting my skin.

My headache had already begun to clear which was a blessing itself.

By the time I finished washing myself I stepped out of the shower and brushed my teeth before braiding my hair, pulling on a black sweater with grey pants, and walking out of the bathroom.

My hockey uniform was in my bag.

"You ready?" Blair asked from her bed,

"We still have time for breakfast if you want"
I nodded, the emptiness of my stomach speaking for itself.

The two of us walked outside to see Matt outside walking over to us

"hey i was just about to come and ask u guys if u wanted to go to mc donald's to go get pancakes or something for breakfast"

i grinned "i was just thinking the exact same thing"

we arrived at mc donald's and me and blair went up to order in while matt found a table for us.
I ordered a large iced laté and blair and matt both got pancakes

while we were walking back to the table i noticed that matt was no longer alone but talking to ruby sparks from our gym and history class

I hadn't ever talked to her much, but I did know that Blair had a deep dislike for the girl.

"Oh what the fuck." She groaned.

"Well I'm sure you'll do great today" ruby smiled placing her hand on Matt's arm and giving it a light squeeze.