Part 14

-7 years later-

Me and Olivia scrapped together enough money to buy our own house together.
I'm now 22. Olivia 21.

We backed up all of our stuff from my mothers house and shoved it into every space in our car.

"Good luck to you two" my mother said hugging me and Olivia on the front lawn of my parents house.

"We'll let you know how things are ever so often mum" I said.
"Thank you for everything that you've done for me and Leo" Olivia said gratefully.
"Are you sure you don't want me to take him with us?" She added.
"It's okay, if I raised Ethan then I can manage another teenage boy" my mum replied.

There was a thousand hugs and goodbyes from everyone.

"Remember to keep your promise of protecting my sister" Leo reminded me after so many years.
"Yes I know" I smiled at him.
"And you be good" Olivia said dragging Leo in for a hug.
"Duh, of course I will" Leo muttered.
Olivia tapped him on the head.

"Bye brother" Rebecca came out.
"Your gonna miss me?" I teased her.
She slapped my hand.
"In your dreams annoying one" she smiled up at me so proud of herself.
Before she could walk away I lifted her up for a hug.
"PUT ME DOWN YOU IDIOT!" Rebecca yelled.
I placed her down before she ran off inside again.

After a 2 hour drive, we made it to our new home.
"You are helping me unpack Mr, you know that right?" Olivia stated.
I laughed.
"Of course"

One by one the boxes came in.
By the day was over most of the boxes had been emptied of it's objects.

We lay in front of a fireplace near the pool in the backyard, overlooking the sea in front of us.
Palm trees reaching tall, the sound of the ocean in the distance and the cool, soft breeze.

I was so happy that it was now just me and Olivia. Her face looked so cute rest upon my chest in the setting sunlight.
Her hair moving gently as the wind did. Her body heating up from the fire, crackling and the wood making popping sounds.

"Livy" I whispered.
"Mmh" she mumbled.
"Can I get up for a second?" I asked.
"No" she mumbled back.
"Please?" I asked again.
"Why?" She asked back.
"I have to go to the bathroom" I replied.

She looked up at me like 'seriously, now in this time and moment'
"Fine" she groaned moving off my body.
"Thanks" I said kissing her forehead.

Truth was, I actually didn't need to go to the bathroom, I just needed and excuse to leave.
I had something planned for the day that we moved into our own house together.

I ran up into what was gonna be our bedroom and rummaged through all the boxes.

"Wait... where did I hide it?" I spoke to myself the whole time.
Pushing away a couple of smaller boxes in the closet I found what I was looking for.

Gently picking up the small box and getting on my knees on the floor in the middle of the room.

I pulled out the navy blue ring box.
The ring still looking as perfect as the day I bought it in its box when I opened to check to see if it was still in there.

"Now's the time" I said to myself before shoving the box in my pocket and rushing back down.