Gin

Ten days went by. Marina turned out to be great. She was always kind to me and helped me feel as welcome as possible. Even tho that's hard in my situation. Ever never really talked to me. It was just an occasional glance or more accurately a death stare. It's not like I want to make BFFs after what happened the first day, but I just don't want to be treated like a nuisance. It wasn't me who decided to drag my ass here. It was him, and if he can buy me a whole wardrobe of designer clothes, he can damn well say good morning at least.

I feel a nudge to my leg and as I look down it's Arlo who looks up at me with a ball in his mouth.

"Oh Ar, you want to play?" I get the ball.

He wags his tail and excitedly barks.

"Come on boy, let's go to the rooftop." I get up from the kitchen chair and walk up the stairs to the rooftop.

Fox is not any better either. Every time I walk past his bedroom I get a tight feeling in my chest...

Opening the rooftop door, Arlo runs outside and starts jumping. I throw his ball and he runs to get it.

"Come on Ar, bring it here," I call for him.

At that moment I hear yelling. I look around and on the other side is Ever. He's talking on the phone and from the looks of it, he must be pissed. I turn back to play with Arlo and the yelling shortly stops. I hear footsteps approaching but choose to ignore them.

"You're a good boy, aren't you?" I crouch down to Arlo and pet his head.

"What are you doing here?" Ever asks coldly.

"I'm just playing with Arlo," I answer calmly still looking at the dog.

"Listen. I don't like people eavesdropping in on my private conversations." He says with a tint of anger in his voice.

"I wasn't listening in on you." I turn around raising my voice slightly.

"Just mind your business." His words and stare are still cold.

I feel a burning inside me. He doesn't talk to me for a few days, and then we are accidentally together on a rooftop and I get accused of eavesdropping. What the fuck.

"Did I want to come here? No! It was you! You dragged me here, then you threatened me and now I get accused of eavesdropping. And don't get me started on how you can't even say a word to me or how you look at me like you want me dead! You buy me a whole wardrobe
of designer clothes to treat me like shit!? If you can do that, you can also say hello!" I yell out the words and while they bring me a few seconds of relief I instantly feel fear in my bones.

"Talk to you? We have nothing in common. You're just a stupid kid, who should be fucking happy I didn't lock her into the basement." He calmly and slowly inches closer to me with every word.

I take a few deep breaths before responding. I know I should be quiet, but in the end what else can I lose?

"I'm not a kid, so stop treating me as such! Ugh, I'm going crazy here, nobody besides Marina acts like I'm a human!" I say angrily.

"You're 8 years younger and to me, that is a kid, you don't act any better either, throwing tantrums like that. So stay away and don't bother me, Marina is enough for you." He turns around and just leaves.

My heart is beating so fast and my anger comes back. I feel so frustrated and pain settles in my chest. 10 days and I can't do this anymore.

"Come Arlo." I turn around and head towards the kitchen.

Inside I see Marina and her shocked face. She must have heard me shouting at Ever but I don't mind her and continue to walk towards a kitchen cupboard.

"Y/n?" Marina says confused.

I don't respond. Ever is getting ready to leave and imperceptibly raises an eyebrow. Fuck him. I open the cupboard door and grab a bottle of gin. Marina's eyes widen even more and she goes to open her mouth again. This time I stop and look at her.

"Don't. I'll be in my room." I leave irritated.

When I reach my bedroom I slam the door and lean back, I feel a tear roll down my cheek. I don't know if it's frustration, sadness, or loneliness. I quickly open the bottle and drink straight from it. A few hours pass and I am drinking slowly but since my body is not really used to it, I get drunk fast, and occasional gulps are enough to let it stay that way. I put on my fave song and sing and dance to it. I go to drink another sip from the bottle and accidentally spill the gin all over myself.

"Oh, fuuuuck." I am barely keeping my balance.

I take all my clothes off. And since I spilled all the gin I need a new bottle, but I can't go outside naked. I manage to get to the closest wardrobe - with my underwear. I grab one set and somehow put it on me.

 I grab one set and somehow put it on me

(Choose)

(Choose)

"Okkk." I stumble outside and grab the rail.

"Y/n are you okay?" I hear Marina but my eyesight is a bit blurry.

"Yeuah, yeah, don't worry I'm peerfct." I blabber.

I slip the last stair and fall on my ass.

"Fuck, ouch." I slowly go to pick myself up.

"Do you need help? I don't think it's safe to walk around like that..." Marina comes to help me.

"I saod, I'm fineee. Jus need more alcohl." I wave my hand.

"I don't think that's a good idea, darling." She says but takes a step back.

"I don't vare. It'ss all that idior's falt." I go towards the cupboard, but feel myself get so weak I lean on the table.

Marina just stands there looking at me, god knows thinking what.

"Wjy foes he torture mee? I have enpugh." I pant and try to continue my way.

After three steps, my legs won't hold me anymore and I feel like passing out. I wait for my body to hit the floor but it doesn't. I get lifted and pressed against something or better someone warm.

"Huh?" My brain barely works out what's going on.

"It's you who's the idiot." I recognize Ever's calm voice.

His arms are wrapped tightly around my body and I instinctively press my head against his chest. It's not that I want to, but I miss touch so much and he is so warm.

"And then you say I treat you like shit." He mumbles.

As he moves my eyes get so heavy and I have no energy to talk back, I fall asleep. A few moments later I shift and feel my bed.

"Mmm..." I moan and hug my pillow.

"Fucking hell... Why did I even bring you here..." Ever lets out a deep breath but I just give in to the sleep once again.