Chapter 59: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

Solomon looked at the clock "Hm, the tournament will start soon. We should eat up while we still can." He told his grandson who simply nodded in response after taking his eye off his millennium puzzle. 'I also want to ask (Y/n) about her millennium dagger too. If I get on her good side, maybe she will show me the awesome staff Yugi told me she used with the pharaoh to save our precious world. Just like one of those super heroes.' Solomon thought to himself. Swaying side to side in his seat in giddy. Wondering just how your item looked like. Along with many things he wanted to ask about the future. He continued to eat his lunch with Yugi as the clock of the courtyard kept ticking.

»»——♡——««

"I will start." You were being bolder than you wanted to be on being the first one to make the move. You knew this was a huge risk in being the first to go since you knew you will not be allowed to attack this first turn. You weren't planning on needing to attack either. Not with the plan you had with the hand you had in your hand. This deck was a back up deck you had in a secret compartment in your duel runner for turbo dueling. The only thing is you haven't used this particular deck since middle school. You were of course going to be rusty. A thing you didn't have time to be. You only hoped that you will be able to pull through this first turn with the move you plan to play. "I play Cloudian - Sheep Cloud in attack mode. I end my turn with a face down." There was a puff of cloud with dark narrowing eyes glaring at Paradox. You rode ahead of Paradox with your first turn complete. Having one speed counter on your speed counter meter.

This card was odd for Paradox to see since this monster you summoned was a mere level 1 and had 0 attack and defense points. Paradox looked at his hand, he had a field spell but it wasn't a field speed spell. Only speed spells were allowed to be used in turbo dueling. If he decided to use his Malefic World Field spell, he would automatically take over 2,000 points of damage for daring to even use it. 'She is lucky that I cannot use this spell here. However, her luck won't be here for long.' Paradox smirks under his mask and he plays "I play Magical Scientist!" A oldman with a bald head with long grey hair desperately hanging on flowed down his back. He had black ground sunglasses, a golden shirt dress. His hands were in his pockets. On your vizor, this monster was a level 1 monster with only 300 attack and defense points. "With this card and paying 1,000 life points." Paradox grunts with the feeling of his life points being drained from him. Leaving him with 3,000 life points. His extra deck slot pops out from the side of his duel disk and he draws a card "I am allowed to summon a fusion monster level 6 or lower from my extra deck for this turn! Come Forth! Fiend Skull Dragon!!" A green dragon with goat curved horns, purple wings, and four arms that had sharp claws appeared beside the scientist. Roaring to the sky as it made its presence known for being on Paradox's field. You saw its attack points, having over 2,000. Its defense was 1,200. 'Well that's a powerful first move.' You thought with a gulp, mentally preparing to feel the pain from this masked punks attack he was brewing for you.

You looked over your shoulder at Paradox as he held out his hand towards you but he winced. Retracting his hand to hold his shoulder. 'He has such a deep wound. It also looks like he has lost a lot of blood from it. It's a little scary how he is able to keep himself awake and duel.' You thought about the duel against Kaiba. You were so focused on Kaiba to even notice Paradox had this wound. He was bleeding through his black shirt so much you could practically see it from where you were. 'He couldn't have gotten that kind of wound from Seto. He must have gotten it from something . . . or someone else . . .' You take your eyes off Paradox to have them on his monsters that were ready to make their attack. 'Shit. I don't have time to think about his wounds now. I have to prepare my next move after this.' You narrow your eyes at his monsters behind your vizor. Being scared and impressed at the same time for him being able to counter summon a powerful monster in just his first turn.