Fight - [Hiccup]

========= · ========= · =========

I thank every single one of you for your incredible support! :)

Also, a fair warning for those who haven't seen How To Train Your Dragon 2, since this chapter reveals a pretty serious plot twist in the movie.

- LoL, music.

========= · ========= ·=========

The first few things that crossed Hiccup's mind when they formed the plan, was how crazy it appeared in comparison to saving Dragon Island.

It was a lot crazier, but even he had to admit it was the best chance the Vikings and dragons had against Drago's armada.

"We need to get those catapults and burn them to the ground," Stoick said in a serious tone. It was rare to see him like this unless they were standing amongst a war that involved both races' perpetual demise.

Hiccup's forest green eyes bore at his mother's matching ones, who were still wide in disbelief by her husband's appearance. He had literally arrived out of nowhere, and yet they had to push aside the warm reunion for the sake of thousands of lives.

'This must be killing her,' he thought to himself.

"Gobber is already fightin' his way on the battlefield," Berk's great Chief continued. "The rest of Berk was left in charge of a man I trust, and only the four of us can keep away that man from destroying everything."

Hiccup nodded at this. "Mom, both of us have to protect the dragons, as well as the Alpha. We can't risk them getting involved in the open fire."

Valka's wild eyes left Stoick's and stared right at Hiccup's. Her ragged breathing and the way her body tensed seemed to signal out that she was still trying to process whatever had just happened; Drago bombing her sanctuary, the dragons being in danger, Stoick coming along... It was far too much for the poor woman to handle at the same time.

She was about to say something when a rather large calloused hand gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze. Valka looked at her loving husband in perplexity, and he only delivered her a sad smile.

"I know this isn't the reunion ye were expecting," he began to explain with a soft tone, "but I want ye to know how wonderful it is to see your beautiful face again."

Even at times at war, Hiccup managed to see that it could bring people closer together. His parents would've never been brought back if it weren't for Drago's attacks, so in a way, he was glad that his father was driven out of Berk and to where his mother had been living these past twenty years.

Another explosion on the landscape broke the three of them out of the romantic atmosphere, and their son was the first to speak up.

"You might want to reserve these moments for another time. We have an army to take down."

A growl off to his left caught his attention, and he spun around on his spot to see his raven black dragon looking skittish.

His lime green eyes were indicating that something was going on, and in no time, the young Viking was standing beside him to see what had made him so uncomfortable.

He let out a gasp as his eyes encapsulated what was happening down there. Some of the dragons had flown away from the glacier in order to stay away from the fight, only to have them tightly secured on traps that Drago Bludvist had installed on the shore. The thing that terrified Hiccup the most, was the only one of a group of fifty dragons managed to evade being caught. It was undoubtedly the most clever weapon that could be used to retain the flying lizards from helping.