39

okay so you guys voted for today so here we go!!

next chapter is the epilogue /:

ily guys thank u for all the support<33

pls enjoy a little snipper of their honeymoon!

also i lied it's not little this chapter is 13k words

(:

————

Somewhere on a Greek Island
August, 2019

Kaia padded barefoot into the kitchen, running her fingers through the mess that was her tangled up wet hair and walked straight to the fridge. Fresh out of the shower, she was dressed in just her bathrobe, her hair dripping all over the white ceramic tiles.

She opened the old fridge, bending down to see what was left, but on their last day of hiding away from civilisation on a private corner of a heavenly Greek Island, it was almost entirely empty.

It didn't have much to begin with, just some orange juice, eggs, butter, and bread for breakfast, and some fresh fruits. They walked into town every day for the rest of their meals and a bit of tourism, usually well into the afternoon.

But they didn't even have anything to drink left or any fruits to nibble on for breakfast and her stomach was grumbling. Three cocktails and a long night spent rolling naked under the sheets tended to build one's appetite quite a bit.

She pouted when nothing satisfied her cravings and shut the fridge door with her foot, trudging back to the messy bedroom. There were pillows, towels, a quilt, and clothes strewn all over the floor, leaving barely any space for her to walk over to the balcony. The white curtains were pulled back, forgotten like that for a few days now, the late morning illuminating the room brightly. It was hard to remember to close the curtains at night when you made it back to bed quite late and your wife couldn't seem to let you go for a spare second. Not that Kaia complained. Well, she did, in the morning, when the sun rudely woke her up along with the croaking donkey. They still hadn't figured out where that donkey lived, but it insisted on screaming bloody murder every morning at exactly seven-thirty, and though it was annoying the first few days, Kaia started waking up laughing, turning to lay on her side and hide under the blankets instead until sleep pulled her in once more.

They never made it out of bed until eleven o'clock most mornings, ten if they were lucky and the donkey was especially annoying.

Kaia wasn't sure what time it was but the sun was already beating down on them quite hard so she figured it must have been close to noon. She stepped outside onto the balcony where Taylor was leaning against the railing, a cup of coffee in her hands. She had her hair tied up in a bun and wore nothing but a striped linen shirt that dropped over one shoulder. Kaia walked up behind her, wrapping her arms around her from behind and playfully biting down onto Taylor's exposed shoulder. Taylor squirmed, lifting her shoulders up to her ears.

"Hey— babe!"

Kaia grinned unapologetically, watching her teeth marks disappear as soon as she pulled away, leaving no trace behind. "I'm hungry!"

"I'm not food," Taylor laughed, turning around in Kaia's arms and leaning her back against the blue railings.

"I mean..." Kaia raised her eyebrows suggestively, smirking as her fingers found their way under Taylor's shirt to hold her bare waist. "I would love to eat you out again."