25

Hello my loves<3 i hope you're having a wonderful weekend! mine's been pretty chill. Please enjoy this chapter and have a great day! Love y'all<3 Happy Sunday!

———

Christmas, 2018

"Tay! Come on, we're going to be late!" Kaia called out from the foyer for the third time already, hunching over in exasperation. "My grandma's never going to forgive us if we miss dinner."

"I'm coming! Sorry!" Taylor shouted back from their room and a moment later she came running down the stairs looking flushed and slightly disheveled from rushing. "I had the anxiety poops. Sorry."

Kaia wrinkled her nose but accepted Taylor's kiss on her way past her to grab her shoes.

"Anxiety poops?" Kaia asked instead, adjusting her grip on her bag. It wasn't all that heavy, but knowing that there was quite a special diamond in there made it weigh a ton. 

"Yeah, you know when you're like really stressed or nervous about something and suddenly you have the urge to shit your guts out and then some?" Taylor explained so casually it was hard not to laugh.

"No, I tend to want to puke and then some when I'm nervous," Kaia told her. "Also, panic attacks." Which she had been on the brink of having one for the past week. But the excitement overpowered it, pushing it back just enough to enjoy the holidays with her girlfriend.

"Ah, yes. Well, I also did want to puke but pooping is easier. And you always feel relieved after pooping. Not puking, though. Anyway, I don't think the coffee I had earlier is helping. I'm jittery and shaky and I am puking, aren't I? It's a word vomit. Just blah!"

Kaia laughed harder at Taylor, dropping her bag to wrap her up in a hug and kiss her cheek reassuringly. "Maybe we should stop talking about bowel movements."

"Maybe you're right," Taylor murmured, dropping her forehead against Kaia's shoulder.

"What are you so nervous about?" Kaia asked softly, brushing her fingers through the strands coming out of Taylor's ponytail.

"I'm meeting the rest of your family in five hours. It's scary business!" Taylor exclaimed in a whisper, almost like she was afraid to spook something.

"Darling, you can go out on stage and perform in front of hundreds of thousands of people, and you're fine, but you get the anxiety poops before meeting my grandma? Tiny Bessie Browne who can barely see past her nose and likes to listen to Eta James all day?"

"Yeah! Meeting the grandparents is like more serious than meeting the parents! Like, old people are scary!"

Kaia laughed under her breath, rubbing Taylor's back comfortingly.

"You'll be fine as long as like, we don't act too... gay in front of her. She knows I like women, and she's aware that we're dating, she just doesn't always... exactly get it?" Kaia explained, grimacing at the way she worded it.

"See? Like can I hold your hand? Am I gonna be able to hug you? Or call you babe? Cause you know these things are like second nature to me. I can't help it. I get a glimpse of you and I'm like yay! Quick kiss time! Like, I don't even consciously think about these things! I just do them! What if she hates me because I've unconsciously got my hands all over her granddaughter? And then, your dad's siblings are gonna be there, aren't they? And your cousins?"

Kaia held Taylor's face in her hands, squishing her cheeks so her lips puckered and it was nearly impossible for her to speak coherently. "Taylor, sweetheart, darling, baby, lover of mine, you gorgeous, gorgeous, creature. Relax. My grandma's going to be mostly quiet unless my uncle Jim says something stupid or gets drunk. And then there's my aunt Pip and she'll likely ask you some personal questions that you can avoid by saying something like 'I don't know! I can't remember!' She's only got two daughters. They're in Sixth form, so, they'll probably be on their phones the whole time. And that's about it! That's literally my whole family... on my dad's side."