13

before you guys eat me alive, i SWEAR on ALL TOO WELL THE TEN MINUTE VERSION AND ALL OTHER THINGS HOLY that they're gonna be OKAY i love my children so so much

okay

you can continue reading

i love u guys

thank u so much for the support!!! yall literally mean the world to me<3 every single comment always makes me smile so big !!! love yall<3

do grab the popcorn

———

Dr. Khan's office was quite homey. As far as doctor offices went.

The white walls were littered with medical posters and still life paintings evenly. There was one in particular Kaia found herself returning to every few seconds that depicted a flower. Except, it actually looked a lot like a vulva. She wanted to take a picture of it, knowing it would amuse Taylor, but she didn't know how rude it would be to do so in a doctor's office. And she wouldn't know what to tell Taylor, either.

Kaia sat in a brown leather chair, her fingers alternating between clicking the top of her pen repeatedly and twirling it. She probably should have handed the pen back earlier when she had filled all those forms in the reception area, but the nurse hadn't asked for it back and Kaia had completely forgotten that she still had it in her hands.

It didn't matter now, anyway. She was glad she had it with her. It kept her busy while she waited for the doctor to come back.

It was cool in the room. Even in her three layers, her leg still bounced. It was probably a combination of nerves and trying to keep herself warm. But she couldn't get herself to warm up. She stuffed her hands in the pockets of her jumper but she had long since given up on trying to keep them warm. She wondered if the air conditioning was on even though it was the middle of November. She remembered reading somewhere that hospitals were required to keep cool temperatures at all times; something that had to do with bacteria thriving in warm places. She was always cold whenever she used to sit next to her mother during her appointments. She had learned to always pack an extra sweater with her.

But as she sat facing the gynaecologist's desk, no amount of layers was going to stop her from shivering. That, she was sure of. It had nothing to do with the cold temperature.

The door opened gently, and Dr. Khan walked in, typing away on her tablet. She was a really sweet middle-aged woman, dressed in a floral shirt tucked into a pair of navy trousers that matched a pair of heels too thin for Kaia's comfort. She wondered how a doctor of all people could feel comfortable enough walking in heels all day.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," she started, closing the door behind her. She smiled softly at Kaia who was itching all over when she couldn't figure out what that smile meant. Was it good news? Was it bad news?

She couldn't tell, so she braced herself for the worst.

Kaia felt she had to respond. She had to say something. Anything. Ask a question. Pick up the conversation somehow. But she had seemed to have lost her words. She simply stared at her doctor who sat down in her swivel chair and placed the tablet carefully in front of her. The answer that would ease Kaia's mind was on there.

Good or bad, whatever the news was, simply having an answer would be enough to help her relax a little. She had been driving herself crazy with worry for weeks, especially when she felt she had to keep it all to herself. She couldn't get herself to tell anyone she had even taken an appointment to see Dr. Khan in the first place.