Chapter 21: Skaura Ignorance

Karen's POV

I watched as Naruto continued to hesitate to kill Haku, which was causing him to get irritated as he narrowed his eyes.

"Go on, finish it. Kill me," Haku said.

Naruto grunted, stepping back.

"Why do you hesitate?" He asked, walking closer towards Naruto.

'Yeah, why isn't he doing it? A shinboi doesn't show emotion.' I thought as I remembered the rules of a shinboi.

"I thought you wanted to be a mighty warrior," Haku said.

Naruto grunted, backing up more.

"That's not what it's about. Do you really believe that all there is to it is just fighting and killing until only one man is left standing?!" Naruto shouted."There is a lot more to being a shinboi than that, and there are other ways of showing strength than just by beating someone in battle.!"

'He is such a blinded fool.' I thought, looking at Naruto, who clearly knows nothing about the way of a shinboi.

"I've had a feeling all along, from the first moment we met in the woods, we are a lot like," Haku said.

I saw Naruto freeze up after hearing that comment.

"I'm sure you know what I mean. I'm only sorry that it must be your hand that is tainted with my unworthy blood," Haku told him.

Naruto continued to stay frozen as I wondered what his answer would be."Sure about this? And you're positive it's the only way?" He asked.

"Yes," Haku simply replied.

Naruto shut his eyes tightly.

"The weird thing...if we met in another time and place, I think that maybe we could've been friends," Naruto said.

'His heart is too kind to consider himself a shinboi, and it foolish, but I guess that's why we used to be good friends. I thought as I slowly got off of my knees.

Naruto snapped his eyes open and started running at Haku, grabbing a kunai from his weapon pouch.

"This is for Sasuke!" He shouted."Because he also had a dream!" He yelled as he ran towards Haku.

Suddenly right when Naruto was about to strike, Haku grabbed his wrist. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Sorry, Naruto. Change of plans," He said, suddenly forming hand signs.

I reached a kunai and ran towards him with energy recovered before he could attack. As I got close, he brought his foot up and kicked me back, sending me flying and hitting the ground, coughing up blood. I got slowly back to my feet. I heard Haku's following words.

"I'm not quite ready to die yet," He said as Naruto struggled to break free from Haku's grasp.

"Naruto," I whispered as I saw Haku finish his handsign, but instead of attacking Naruto, he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"Where did he go!?" Naruto wondered.

***

I looked around for Haku when I noticed the fog had cleared. I could see figures. I sluggishly walked over there with Naruto as I saw Kakashi had his hand through Haku's chest, which was bleeding.

Zabuza stood behind Haku, strangely amused by the sight before his eyes.

"I don't get it! What the heck is going on here!?" Naruto asked frantically.